Author Topic: Rockfire..Puter won't shut down!  (Read 287 times)

Offline olddobe

• Zinc Member
      • http://n/a
Rockfire..Puter won't shut down!
« on: December 13, 2001, 04:50:00 AM »
It's me again.I got the Rockfire installed,and it is great.However a couple of probs have reared their ugly head.The biggest one is that I have to pull my throttle/keyboard adapter off and replug only the keyboard ps2 conector back in,to shut down Puter.
When I boot up,I put the throttle/keyboard adapter back on,after boot completes,and bingo I'm good to go.
Surely there is a work around for this,I just haven't figured it out yet.Once in a while I get the frozen keyboard problem,but once again re-plugging in solves it.
The Rockfire is great,but manual is limited,and tech support is non-existent.
Any help appreciated,and thanks in advance.
I guess it's normal for my device manager to show no keyboard with this Rockfire product?
Dobe

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Rockfire..Puter won't shut down!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2001, 05:02:00 AM »
Hmmm...I don't know why your computer won't shut down with the Rockfire connected, mine has never done that in the 4 years I've had mine.

I do have from time to time the KB error message and that's fixed by just turning off the computer, unplugging the my Pro Throttle PS/2 passover cable, reconnecting it and then doing a hard reset on the Pro Throttle when I boot up.

Originally posted by Dobe:
It's me again.I got the Rockfire installed,and it is great.However a couple of probs have reared their ugly head.The biggest one is that I have to pull my throttle/keyboard adapter off and replug only the keyboard ps2 conector back in,to shut down Puter.
When I boot up,I put the throttle/keyboard adapter back on,after boot completes,and bingo I'm good to go.
Surely there is a work around for this,I just haven't figured it out yet.Once in a while I get the frozen keyboard problem,but once again re-plugging in solves it.
The Rockfire is great,but manual is limited,and tech support is non-existent.
Any help appreciated,and thanks in advance.
I guess it's normal for my device manager to show no keyboard with this Rockfire product?
Dobe