Author Topic: Strat attack  (Read 913 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Strat attack
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 07:37:03 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr

You can hit a strat at a field, and it's down time is listed as 2 hours.  But with strat factories up, and depending on distance the drone convoy must travel each trip, the actual time it is down is about 45 minutes without player resupply.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the normal barracks downtime get changed to only 15 minutes  per the last update (along with lots more barracks added to fields)? Hence the feeling of futility amongst players to even consider porkage anymore?
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Strat attack
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 07:40:25 PM »
Originally posted by Gatr
Man and with that how about a couple of plane factory's like in AW...
It would be sweet to take away their Spit's and LALA's.....

I dare to dream.....

You are making me drool! :t
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Ratnick

• Zinc Member
Strat attack
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 08:41:03 PM »
What if it's a non-union factory?

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Strat attack
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 10:18:40 PM »
Originally posted by Traveler
Great ideas but the furballing community will never allow it.  That's the problem. I mean can't you just see the wines already; "I want to fly the Spit 16, why can't I fly any plane I want , I paid my money, I want, I want, I want".  "dam toolsheders".

So instead we could put in the Staples "Easy" button for strat monkeys?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.miraclehat.net
Strat attack
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 01:50:46 AM »
I'd personally like to see some effect from hitting less than all of one type of building at a field.

ie. Taking down 3 out of 4 fighter hangars should have some kind of affect rather than having to get all 4 down which just totally disables fighters.

Not sure what could happen though. I guess one option would be to limit how many planes can take off from that field at once. So say, for example, i knock down 2 hangars, now only  (e.g.) 10 planes can take off from that field and be in the air at the same time. Once one of those planes is shot down, crashes or lands then another can take off. If another hangar is dropped the number goes down, if a hanger pops, then the number goes up.

Or maybe dropping 1 of 4 hangars would randomly disable 1/4 of the available aircraft types? So you could get lucky and knock out the LA7 and spit 16, or maybe you'll just knock out a bunch of hangar queens. Or maybe it doesnt have to be random - could make it set planes per hangar, i dunno.

Similar rules could apply to other building types (ord, troops etc)

Sounds good to me but reading the above speils, i can see the complaints that would herald. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:55:41 AM by brucerer »

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.miraclehat.net
Strat attack
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 01:59:17 AM »
Ooh just had another idea. Some people arent gonna like this though:

Introduce a wait period between sorties - not long, like 20 seconds or something. So when you get shot down, you need to wait just a little bit before reupping. As FH's get destroyed the wait time increases slightly up to, say, a minute.

Maybe make it if you land succesfully you dont have to wait.

That could work... maybe...

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
Strat attack
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 07:33:13 AM »
Originally posted by brucerer
Ooh just had another idea. Some people arent gonna like this though:

Introduce a wait period between sorties - not long, like 20 seconds or something. So when you get shot down, you need to wait just a little bit before reupping. As FH's get destroyed the wait time increases slightly up to, say, a minute.

Maybe make it if you land succesfully you dont have to wait.

That could work... maybe...

I would love to see the OFFICIAL HTC position on making the "STRAT" part of the game more a part of the game...  
I know I know.... this is called ACES HIGH....  not Toolsheding-o-RAMA....
I mean runnin Trains for resupply...   see there I go again....
Every big kid loves trains.....? RITE... ok it's not called "TRAINS HIGH"
BABBLE BABBLE.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm just GOOFIE I guess