Author Topic: Look at V10, 5/21/07  (Read 674 times)

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
Look at V10, 5/21/07
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 01:03:23 PM »
Ok, well anyways, it was a hell of a fight!  Instead of the GV's upping twice and realizing they would get bombed every time, they kept upping.  Good for us, bad for them.  I was amazed at how long it took us to take this base.  Because everyone was leaving the CV one by one, and not five by five (ha), we ran into problems where people didn't take the VH's down because they didn't want to waste their ord on a target that wouldn't accomplish anything.  So thinking that they would be the only one trying to take down the VH, people ended up just dropping mass amounts of ord on the vehicles instead.  Bishops put up a hell of a fight.
Mak

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Look at V10, 5/21/07
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 01:07:43 PM »
What war....

We in the 80th just go around trimming trees and hedges so yall have a nice park to play in.

:cool:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Look at V10, 5/21/07
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 01:10:01 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
What war....

We in the 80th just go around trimming trees and hedges so yall have a nice park to play in.

:cool:

Someone has to do it.  We don't want the neighbors to think we don't keep the yard up :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Look at V10, 5/21/07
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 01:41:45 PM »
Originally posted by Mak333
Those are not bomber formations - There is no pattern spread.  CV shells don't put holes that big in the ground.

Like larry said, CV shells do put craters on the ground like that.  Even though I'm sure you and other people dropped a lot of ords, most of those look like they were made from the 5" & 8" guns on the CV.  If you look closely at the picture you can tell which craters are from ords being dropped and which were made from the CV ship guns.  I'd have to say atleast 90% of those craters are from the CV Mak, not ords.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson