Author Topic: Gunslinger  (Read 264 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Gunslinger
« on: June 11, 2007, 03:24:49 AM »
Hey buddy, how ya doin'? Haven't heard from you in a while and inquiring
minds want to know. We're here for ya.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
Gunslinger
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 07:43:09 AM »
Same here Guns, let us know how you're doing.  I'm going through a divorce right now too, so send me a PM anytime if ya want.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Gunslinger
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »
It's day by day.  Some are better than others.  I hate being around her because I still love her but alas I've been replaced and she's doing her best to erase me from her life.

Hopfully she's moving out in a couple of weeks.  We came to a good agreement based on a lawyers advice and we are filing uncontested.  She's trying to get approved for a rent to own house and if she does her and the kids will be out of here in 3-4 weeks.  

I'm considering giving up my Hat as this job is not flexible enough to spend any kind of quality time with the kids.  I'm actually looking into getting off active duty all together.  There's a guard spot here at lackland working on F16s and I'm thinking about applying for an early out and taking it.  Trust me this isn't a decision I'm taking lightly but I wont be able to stop pushing flights for another 10 months at minimum.  Alot can happen in 10 months.

Either way thanks for the thoughts

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Gunslinger
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 09:34:53 PM »
Hang in there Guns...

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Gunslinger
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 09:46:33 PM »
Good luck Guns, wish you the best.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Gunslinger
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 09:59:42 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
It's day by day.  Some are better than others.  I hate being around her because I still love her but alas I've been replaced and she's doing her best to erase me from her life.

Hopfully she's moving out in a couple of weeks.  We came to a good agreement based on a lawyers advice and we are filing uncontested.  She's trying to get approved for a rent to own house and if she does her and the kids will be out of here in 3-4 weeks.  

I'm considering giving up my Hat as this job is not flexible enough to spend any kind of quality time with the kids.  I'm actually looking into getting off active duty all together.  There's a guard spot here at lackland working on F16s and I'm thinking about applying for an early out and taking it.  Trust me this isn't a decision I'm taking lightly but I wont be able to stop pushing flights for another 10 months at minimum.  Alot can happen in 10 months.

Either way thanks for the thoughts

Wait about 6 months before you make any career moves. Give yourself time to recover and adapt. It's way too soon to make any moves you aren't forced to make, you've already been forced to make one huge move. You need time to get your feces cohesive and get your head on straight.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Gunslinger
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 10:44:50 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Wait about 6 months before you make any career moves. Give yourself time to recover and adapt. It's way too soon to make any moves you aren't forced to make, you've already been forced to make one huge move. You need time to get your feces cohesive and get your head on straight.

+20

This is good advice here. Stay put and make as few changes as you possibly can. Get some stability and used to the new situation then decide what you want to do.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Gunslinger
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 11:03:12 PM »
Sound advice. Take things slow, one step at a time. Glad to hear you're doing OK.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Gunslinger
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 11:11:45 PM »
Good luck Guns.  I also suggest that you don't give up on the active duty career quite yet.  Take some time to think about it and get some advice from some of the senior guys around there.

A slight word of warning - I've seen a lot of guys get totally crapped on as soon as they even hint they might be getting out, so watch your back.  Some supervisors are really stabby when they think they can get away with dumping on someone who might be getting out, and it wouldn't suprise me if you somehow ended up with a 365 day non-vol deployment shortly after talking about transitioning to the reserves or getting out.  It happened to my wife and her co-worker when they got out, and my wife's deployment was only cut short at 5 months because she managed to get a DOS, and they won't actually outprocess people outside the US...

We're in a diminishing force during a time of rising operational demands, and that really tempts certain supervisors and commanders to choose the easy solution of dumping on people who are leaving anyhow.  From personal experience, the IG won't even help much if you're on your way out.  So again, watch your back and be careful who you discuss your plans with.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Gunslinger
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 12:33:15 AM »
Don't give up military , i think thats only think able to keep you sane