Author Topic: Why does this kind of thing keep happening?  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Why does this kind of thing keep happening?
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2007, 03:57:14 PM »
Lol ;)

Offline 0thehero

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.esc-services.com
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2007, 05:18:47 PM »
Rather than being a distinctly different sphere from the culture, the church is actually becoming more and more worldly every day. Far from being able to “win the culture war” many of us in the church spend much of our time trying to stop the church from sliding into the culture.

If your verbose point is that the Church is slowly being co-opted into broader secular society, I would be thrilled to hear it; dilution is the solution to pollution.  But it's not happening.  We can't even elect public officials in most of the country unless they publicly engage in self-aggrandizing testimonials about their relationship with God, for fear of being labeled something other than Christian.  Blah.  How does that make us more civilized or more advanced than some tribal society living in the wilderness from 4000 years ago?

Not trying to jack the thread into a theological debate, but to assert that the country would right itself with regard to crime (or anything else, for that matter) if it merely held to a Christian line of ethics is really ignoring not only our own history, but ignoring clear demographic and socioeconomic trends that exist outside the limited vacuum of Christian dogma.

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2007, 05:25:54 PM »
Ignoring this country's history? Even when this country was founded by Christians? It be true that Christians are no longer as righteous as they used to be, and that is the problem. Christianity is changing, which is bad. If only this country were more old-time Christian than it is.

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »
Originally posted by McFarland
This is very sad, and it occurs all too often. I meself can see the way the world is changing. Younguns cussing, have no respect, and the parents no longer do anything aboot it. When I was young, you said that, you became a red striped zebra from the hickory switch. Did a person good. That's part of what's wrong today. I am very sorry for this, words cannot express me condolences. To kill an ederly citizen should warrant hanging, but, alas, it is not the world it was 60 years ago.

On this I agree with you 100% except the spelling, good Lord, man.;)

Diablo, my prayers are with you and yours.  :(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:42:22 PM by FBBone »

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »
My most deepest sympathy Diablo.  

Mac

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »
If only this country were more old-time Christian than it is.

Wouldn't that make it Jewish?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2007, 11:36:54 AM »
seagoon... I do indeed feel that there is such a thing as absolute morality and right and wrong... I am a very pragmatic and black and white kind of guy.

fathering a child without raising that child is immoral.

There should be severe penalties.  It should be difficult for either parent to leave the other so long as children are involved.

A person who fathers a child out of wedlock should be made to pay for the upbringing and allowed to help raise the child... If he will not then he needs to be jailed and forced to do hard labor with the pay going to the child.

mav... yes.. some are not good fathers but.. if everyone had a father it would be a huge step in the right direction.

lazs

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »
The answer to the question posed by the title of the thread is simple.

Because we as a nation and a society continue to tolerate that sort of behavior and the behavior and habits that lead up to it. It's called moral decay. Some, many of whom consider themselves intelligent, not only tolerate moral decay, they embrace it. And many of those who do not excuse it.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2007, 06:39:17 PM »
Very sorry to hear that Diablo.

lasersailor... you have confirmed the fact that you are a complete ******.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2007, 03:02:28 AM »
Anyway Laz, if there are no absolutes and every man and woman is the arbiter of their own morality, how do you plan on getting single males to stop impregnating single women and getting single women to stop giving birth to the next generation of criminals?

Forgive me for replying late to this one.

From a secular point of view the answer is birth control. From a Christian point of view, celibacy until marriage.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »
Yeah, if that McDonalds type thing happened around here, he would have been shot, if not by the police, or by a person in the McDonalds, by someone else on sight. It's called 'vigilantism", and it works great. Things like this keep violent crimes down, because people know that if they do something wrong, they will die. So they don't do them. It saves many lives.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:aok
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline WaspR2800

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
The answer to the question posed by the title of the thread is simple.

Because we as a nation and a society continue to tolerate that sort of behavior and the behavior and habits that lead up to it. It's called moral decay. Some, many of whom consider themselves intelligent, not only tolerate moral decay, they embrace it. And many of those who do not excuse it.
 You are basicly repeating what I said in my post and I could not agree more. The moral decay that you speak of is commonly called "political correctness" A great example is a situation where one can no longer state the obvious without fear of offending, such as: What is an African American? can anyone explain what that means? Why not just say a black American if you want to point out ethnicity? See my point? The only way you can be an "African American" is if you hold duel citizenship as far as I know. My grandmother is from England so do I need to tout that I am an English-American or say that I deserve reperations from his royal majesty?. Have you ever met someone who claimed to be an Iranian-Iraqi? or a Mexican-German? I don't care if you are black, brown, yellow, red, green or blue. If you are a citizen of the United States then you are an American PERIOD. Unfortunately people fall for this and accept it as the norm. You will see this just about everywhere you go in your daily life and not even question it's relevence or even whether it makes a lick of sense because you have been bred to feel a certain way. Final point is that political correctness is counter productive and will cost us all dearly in the long run when it comes to things such as defending ourselves and our right to life.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2007, 08:51:43 AM »
If you use the term "african american" for anyone who does not have dual citizenship then you are part of the problem.

lazs

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2007, 10:05:57 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Very sorry to hear that Diablo.

lasersailor... you have confirmed the fact that you are a complete ******.

Yes, I am, but your reaction proves me right still.  Instead of confronting the problem with culture, you'd rather let it happen and not risk getting called a racist.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"