Author Topic: Bout 10 hours into a tour.  (Read 1763 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Bout 10 hours into a tour.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
I seem to recall making a post about that years ago.  Sort of a zone system in which each zone had a a small number of airfields (2-3) and a few vehicle fields (5-7) and one city.  Capture the city, and you get the zone.  Capture enough zones and you win the war, map resets, war starts again.

Rules for capturing cities would need to be worked out, but they should be harder than airfields are now.  Maybe have 3-10 bunkers that need to be held in order to take the city.

Won't this reduce the front area?

Originally posted by james
If they took the LW map and made it smaller and put the bases just slightly closer to one another. The difference in having to fly all over to get into a fight would be almost non-existant. We would have large formations of fights going on from all over the map. Not just 1 or 2 different places. The map needs to be a bit more down to earth as far as being able to be won. The current HUGE pizza map is not going to be beaten by anyone. When titanic tuesday comes around the sides might switch but noone will ever see the final outcome. Taking the bases through the week before this really means nothing right now.  Just thinking of how to make the actual gameplay a bit better here is all. No offense.
James

What the MA needs most is a real tactical system.  Not just random furballing.  At the moment the strat system is boring unless you like flying like a drone to the same toolsheds over and over.  

There needs to be an incentive, some sort of reward for out-planning the enemy.  Whether such river beds (paths of least resistance) of gameplay mecahnics are feasible is another story, but that's how it should be IMO.
Nothing more rewarded than actual strategy and tactics rather than hording, lancaster diving, suicide porking, etc.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 08:03:47 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 08:30:36 PM »
What the MA needs most is a real tactical system. Not just random furballing.

Random furballing??!! Where!! All I ever see are large borg cubes running over everything in their path (as long as 'everything' isn't defined as ENEMY planes already in the air)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 09:12:16 PM »
Originally posted by Tilt
I rem stuff like this in AW2 in 1997/8...............  when (total arena) land grab first appeared.

the original error which has been reproduced in AH is making airfields the focus of the land grab................ a model where by logistic routes and centres of populace/industry are the focus (where airfields just get over run) would force combat over these objectives ...it could be engineered such there was no gain in porking/over running airfields

great idea...

Originally posted by bj229r
Random furballing??!! Where!! All I ever see are large borg cubes running over everything in their path (as long as 'everything' isn't defined as ENEMY planes already in the air)

i sometimes wonder if some people are playing the same game. we have people whining its 100% hordes, some saying its 100% furballing, and some saying its all toolshedding.... snore.

large maps for me allow all 3 to co-exist without too much of an issue. Take the current map in Orange. Furballers generally hold the middle, while the strat minded guys seem to take the edges.

and with so many bases around surely it aint THAT hard to find a fight YOU like?

im on the side of the fence in thinking AH is getting less and less tactical/strat driving, and more and more TnB at 500ft with a niki. However this game is, how WE make it. HTC gives us the sand pit, we have the tools to do what we want.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:19:15 PM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 09:23:39 PM »
In tactical terms the furballing is random.  Furballers aren't looking to capture anything, they just fight "randomly".

In terms of usefulness, toolsheders are random too, they don't fight for anything that improves the air combat.. It just changes the location of the furballing.
The hordes are those lots of players that can't dogfight well enough to do much more than swarm the opposition with numbers rather than efficient ACM.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »
shame to see you go urchin

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2008, 10:53:01 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Anymore I just find where the biggest bunch of hording weenies are and up the field they are vulching in an la7.  I die almost every run, but every time I get one of the gutless wonders it bothers them a whole lot more than dying a hundred cartoon deaths does me.  It's produced some great whines on 200 lately, especially from a certain squad.

;)

And you are right, Urchin.  It is a shame.
lolz, pretty much what Ive been doing lately.  So, if any of you twits see me flying around in an la7, it's not because I can't own you, I'm just tired of chasing you around!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 12:26:13 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
Anymore I just find where the biggest bunch of hording weenies are and up the field they are vulching in an la7.  I die almost every run, but every time I get one of the gutless wonders it bothers them a whole lot more than dying a hundred cartoon deaths does me.  It's produced some great whines on 200 lately, especially from a certain squad.

;)

And you are right, Urchin.  It is a shame.

Guilty as charged:cry
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 10:35:28 AM »
It really sounds like alot of guys in this thread aren't happy with this game.

There are alot of different ideas on how to make it better (for them)

If I felt the way you guys feel about it, I would leave.

Toolshedders, Hoers, lala dweebs oh my!

Why don,t you just follow the yellowbrick road out of here?

If you just want aerial combat ,  go to the DA with all your likeminded buddys. The Da ususally has PLENTY of room.

The EW and MW that alot of guys in here whined for also have plenty of room. Can't understand why those arenas aren't packed with AC only types.

But they aren't.

Its pretty simple really.

If you don't like the way the game is played in the 2 LW arenas, go elsewhere.

Seems to me that a minority of the guys in the game would rather whine about the game on the BBs than play it.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Captain Proton

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 10:52:38 AM »
Originally posted by 1Boner
If you don't like the way the game is played in the 2 LW arenas, go elsewhere.

Yep, there seems to be something here for everyone.

Proton