Author Topic: To the allies  (Read 1095 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Re: To the allies
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 02:59:24 PM »
None of the current crop of allies remember this, but something similar happened during the last war.  Thrilla was flying axis and switched sides just as axis were about to take a base.  He upped from the base and killed the attacking goons.

The argument ensued and is the reason we currently have a 45 minute swap timer.  TK along with myself, were running the goons.  It was very...frustrating being killed by someone who was not 5 minutes ago on your side.  After that it was generally considered bad form to switch and stop a base capture that you knew was going on.

None of you who are badgering TK will care though, so...continue flaming.
P-47 pilot

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
you better ask storchypoo afterall i am " That Guy "!

Ya your "that guy" that has to cry about everything. Get over it. It's a game.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »
Ya your "that guy" that has to cry about everything. Get over it. It's a game.

dont you have some running away to do, or some cherry's to go pick?
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 08:49:44 PM »
None of the current crop of allies remember this, but something similar happened during the last war.  Thrilla was flying axis and switched sides just as axis were about to take a base.  He upped from the base and killed the attacking goons.

The argument ensued and is the reason we currently have a 45 minute swap timer.  TK along with myself, were running the goons.  It was very...frustrating being killed by someone who was not 5 minutes ago on your side.  After that it was generally considered bad form to switch and stop a base capture that you knew was going on.

None of you who are badgering TK will care though, so...continue flaming.

No they wont remember that because I wasnt the one "cheating". That was one of the crappiest things Iv ever seen on the AvA but hey what do I know. Like I said to eaglepoo I wasnt going to stop ANY one trying to take a base. If one of you switched and stoped your squadies from tking a base I bet you wouldnt be in that squad anymore. But I know the whole reason you all are mad because I kill you over and over and over and you found something to pick at. Allies have no since of skill thats why they lost these wars.

But you guys can label me what ever you want. Ill be the dam cheater that kicks your bellybutton everytime. :salute
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 08:59:40 PM »
But what about Mary Ann??

Jeez you guys are so easily distracted.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline XAKL

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 12:00:11 AM »
But what about Mary Ann??

Jeez you guys are so easily distracted.

Does she have big areolar??  A bigger distraction

MUGADAI

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 06:05:11 AM »
Does she have big areolar??  A bigger distraction

MUGADAI

yep and she got a fat sack of bud too
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »
You guys are still upset over that? I'm not sure how the 45 minute time would have prevented me from doing that, or prevent me from doing that in the future.  In fact, i did it a few nights ago when the axis were outnumbered 3-14 .  I switched and must have killed about a half dozen m3s to a base that was being spawn camped by the allies.  I logged shortly after because the allies refused to up planes because it was more efficient to use gv's to capture a base than planes- it was dull to say the least. 

I will gladly switch sides in an attempt to prevent the horde if i can and i shall continue to do so in the future.  If a large a gaggle of cons can't stop a single fighter from preventing their base capture then they don't deserve it. 
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »
Is this thread even necessary?
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »
You guys are still upset over that?   

No, I understand why you did what you did.  No hard feelings for me.

I merely brought it back up to point out to the current crop of allies that swapping sides and stopping a base capture that's underway can lead to sore feelings, despite how innocent the swap was.
P-47 pilot