Author Topic: DOG FIGHTING BOMBERS  (Read 1979 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: DOG FIGHTING BOMBERS
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 03:15:06 AM »
I still think the film of Ju-88s bombing Lancasters midair was hilarious.  :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline RitzCH

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 07:52:12 AM »
Remeber not long ago shooting down a F6F with a JU-87.  Took me about 20min and 1200rounds to finally knock a big enough piece off him  :rock
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:57:25 AM by RitzCH »
RitzCH
~364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group~

"Nothing sh^ts on spits like the Ritz"

Offline Gremlin3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 07:56:06 AM »
Last night I assisted in a VBase defense and shot down a B26 with my B25H. Something about that 75 is so satisfying and all of those .50s aren't too shabby.

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 08:29:27 AM »
Started to have a good one on titanic tues around base 60. Rooks were bringing in low buffs and took out FH's, so I upped B17's, jettisoned my eggs, and headed over to mid-field and came across some 24's co-alt. I headed to their direction and began a fun dog fight with a form of 24's until 5 friggin dweebfires come in and spoil the fun.... :furious

Side note: I vaguely remember, but in AW I think we were able to fill each buff gunner with an idividual player? I think we were able to have 7 players attached to 1 b-17. Anyone remember if that is true?
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 09:10:23 AM »
That's true, 6 gunners and a pilot for a total of 7. Would be nice if we could do that in AH, but I doubt it will ever happen.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
I think your right, but it would be nice. At least we can fire all guns for a single position at a target when its in the range of motion for that gun
Corrs
The Flying Circus

Offline RitzCH

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 01:10:42 PM »
Corrs I think your right on this... if i remember correctly filling up a 17 and going 200ft through the pass was always a great time for the unsuspecting spit  :t
RitzCH
~364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group~

"Nothing sh^ts on spits like the Ritz"

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »
That's true, 6 gunners and a pilot for a total of 7. Would be nice if we could do that in AH, but I doubt it will ever happen.

True indeed.  The Air Warrior "Death Star"...all positions gunned by a different player plus an opportunity to take up a "Navigator" (Observer).  It was ONE nasty little B17 when you ran into one.  When you got home, everybody got the same perkies.

Bad part...you couldn't gun for yourself back then...you had to depend on the gunnery skills of others...if you had no gunners and you were attacked, you were helpless...you got chewed and BBQ'ed :(

ROX
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 01:27:06 PM by ROX »

Offline DPQ5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 09:46:45 PM »
about a mounth ago i was in the TA and I was flying a B17 and i ran apon a 109g-14, well we got into a dogfight with him, almost the whole time in the fight I was on his six
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
29th Infantry Division
Darkest Hour Realism Unit
King Company
Sgt. Phillips

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2008, 05:57:27 AM »
Once upon a time in the longago, there was an Arena in AirWarrior called "Air Gallions" which was set up for this exact purpose. It was a hoot.
-Sik

Was it Air Gallions or something with Balloons. Any way we use to dog fight b17s in what we called deathstars, every gun was manned by a different person.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 11:10:20 AM »
How about dog fighting Goons with the door gunner we had back in AW. That would be a sight to see in AH....
Corrs
The Flying Circus