Author Topic: Scores page ..  (Read 106 times)

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Scores page ..
« on: March 16, 2000, 04:40:00 PM »
Hyas it's about scores again.

I'm a Knuckle-dragger (Fighter pilot) when i'm looking at the scores i'd like to compare FIGHTERPILOTS.

Would it be possible that we could have a selection at the scores page:

a.) Fighers ONLY
b.) Bombers ONLY
c.) OVERALL RANK

Thanks

------------------

Phillip "Duckwing6" Artweger
Flight Officer "E" Flight
Skeleton Crew

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Scores page ..
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2000, 07:53:00 PM »
They have it setup that way I'
m pretty sure. Duck you using Netscape or IE.

IE views the page alot better than Netscape.

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Scores page ..
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2000, 02:11:00 AM »
nonon.. looking at fighter stats i still see my overall rank! Due to my nonexistant Buffig i'm ranking 120 something overall even tho i'm nbr. 20 sth. in score and 10 or so in K/D ..

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
Scores page ..
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2000, 02:43:00 PM »
The scoring system is so involved now that it's basically a useless measurement.

In real life the score was easy to figure out. You counted your number of kills. Points were given for fighters vs bombers for the Germans to obtain medals.  Both sides stopped counting when the pilot died.

Why not do it just like they did it? List the number of kills in your current string until you die, and list your highest string during the current tour.

Someone like Torque, for instance, would be at the top of the pack with a high string of kills before he died. That's the way it should be. This type of realistic scoring method would encourage a more realistic type of flying. Real pilots took no extra chances when their lives were at risk. So you die, and your string counting starts over.

RANGRBOB