Author Topic: Titanic tuesday server down?  (Read 720 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Titanic tuesday server down?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 01:20:44 PM »
Faulty info Krusty. Skuzzy's said over n over that a peak arena uses less than 5% of server capacity. Do a search and check it out.

He said that and I believe that ...

But there are issues on Titanic Tuesdays, notably UFO and radar bugs.

Once the populations is somwhere >500 players, radar will start to act funny. You can see friendly green dots popping on and of on the maps in random locations. There are red dot's on map over friendly bases that do not move for 5 mins, yet the base doesn't flash because actually there's nobody there. On Compello there's that eternal huge darbar in 11-10 sector, even when there's no activity there at all. Enemy dot's can be seen briefly well outside any radar range circles. When fellow pilots use tuned channel vox, their radio dot may even show up at completely wrong places.

The UFO's are that little dots that sometimes seem to "drop" from other planes and follow them for a few moments. I think that's heppening when the pilot ninimizes his clipboard again.

All those is happening only on Titanic Tuesdays.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 02:09:50 PM »
To bad it doesnt stay down TT is a waste of time its a product of sniveling furballers. get the large TT maps out of the regular rotation

Sounds like furballers routinely kick your arse, must suck being a toolshedder.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 02:21:50 PM »
Faulty info Krusty. Skuzzy's said over n over that a peak arena uses less than 5% of server capacity. Do a search and check it out.
I wonder... if the issue isn't HTCs servers, it could possibly be the T-1 (I assume) they are connected to. right before this happened I was de-acking a V-base in a 109K and couldn't kill tha auto ack on 4 passes with 30mm! Then suddenly I was suspended in mid air without an aircraft or parachute... I had to "ALT-F4 to get out and saw an arena closed message on the Titanic Tuesday map when I restarted the game.
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline 1BAT1

• Zinc Member
Port 61 capture
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 03:52:02 PM »
I know I felt cheated when this happened. We had let out "at least" 200 troops at port 61, our LVTs were dry land spawning. Several of us at 61 were BOPs and when capture took place, we were all in some sent to some sort of Aces High limbo space... I found myself a couple hundred miles away in middle of water. Could not use radio text, it was similar to the old text buffer lag thingy that happens. Had to ALT F4 to get out.

Then arena showed closed for at least 10 min, any of us who were at the 61 capture could not even get back in to arena. When we could get back in, rooks were still at 61 recapturing it. I have no idea if an HTC arena monitor could have caused the problem, but being the consperiousy theorist I am, I felt cheated somehow. :cry

In either case.... a heck of a port capture was surely cheapened by this event. But hey, till computers, code and events can be perfect, i suppose these glitches will happen.

1BAT1

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »
To bad it doesnt stay down TT is a waste of time its a product of sniveling furballers. get the large TT maps out of the regular rotation
Or, you could try playing on any other portion of the map, and stop sniveling to change the rotation to force others to play the way YOU think they should.