Author Topic: Arena Cap is not cool...  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Re: Arena Cap is not cool...
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2008, 03:46:23 PM »
Im new also here, and from start i´ve been wondering about these arena caps.

I understand the need for the "sheep herders" but also you must understand that it frustrates alot to log in to see LWO to be 230/200 and LWB 100/200.
Ok then i log into LWB to see if my mates are there...no one there hhmm are they online at all, or are they at the LWO ?
And the i start the clicky clicky to get into the LWO.

These are the usual numbers in our primetime, give or take 50 players.

So maybe these caps could be abit more flexible and maybe introduce us tools to track friends ?
-=Die Rammjäger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2008, 04:19:13 PM »
Hitech I wonder what the numbers would say if you switched Tuesday for Sunday?..Speaking of numbers I would be cool to have Aces high  advertise at some of the biggest airshows around the country........maybe have a  display booth with two computers so people could see and try the game out?..I would be happy to help in the TwinCities area.
<S> 999000

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2008, 04:59:48 PM »
Happens now at times, yet as you state people still tend to be in the Orange. So what is different between the Orange and Blue. Only Orange is the first one on the list.  So why is it people are in the Orange.

I'm sure it's different for most, but for me, it's because that is where my squaddies all meet to fly; been that way for years... Most of the best squads seem to fly there as well.
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »

And as a different question, if 1 arena is so wonderful , why is Tuesday night not the busiest night of the week?

HiTech
Try "Titanic Sunday" for a month and see what happens!!
George "Alky®" Fisher

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2008, 06:34:24 PM »
Talk about herd mentality. WHen HTC first made the split into the early, mid, and late war arenas the early war arena is the one that was highlighted as it was at the top of the page and no one had ever had to choose before. For almost a week early war was the most populated arena there was  :rofl

I'd be happier to fly in Mid war, but there are very low numbers there when I log on. I had hoped it would be one of the more populated ones seeing there was no spit 16s and La7 there, but I guess everyone needs their crutch. I'm just looking for some fights, whether its in blue, orange or even in EWA, or MWA.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2008, 12:00:26 AM »
Quote from: The Fugitive link=topic=242355.msg2958398#msg2958398 date=1217547264
I'd be happier to fly in Mid war, but there are very low numbers there when I log on. 
[/quote

Plane set....  I've asked for more early war planes to increase the number of potential customers, and increase the other arena populations; as well as diversify the arena setup... Search "early war additions"
BMathis

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2008, 06:27:56 AM »
[quote author=The Fugitive link=topic=242355.msg2958398#msg2958398 date=1217547264
I'd be happier to fly in Mid war, but there are very low numbers there when I log on. 

Plane set....  I've asked for more early war planes to increase the number of potential customers, and increase the other arena populations; as well as diversify the arena setup... Search "early war additions"

I don't think we need more planes, though I don't mind new ones  :aok The problem is with the "kids" having to "win the game at all costs" I'd say that 75% of the people flying in the MAs play like its "quake" of some other first person shooter type game. Everyone has the mentality to just dive in with the biggest guns, blazing a path of destruction. There is no strategy, no thought involved, die and take as many with me as I can, rinse and repeat as quickly as possible, get my name in lights at the top of the score board.

Thats why the late war arenas are the most populated, biggest guns, and most target concentration.

I'd bet that if 9 guys formed a squad, 6 fighters of average skill, but used wingman tactics, and 3 guys that could hit something other than "strat" targets in buff and are average gunners, who used strategy and planning in their missions, they would be almost unstopable in the MAs as they play out in there these days.

Most people don't know how to fight a winging pair, look at all the "pick" whines. Heaven forbid you have 2 pairs in, "gangs". No we don't need new planes, we need people with better attitudes. People who believe that "skill" is more important than "points", people who believe "the fight" is more important than "who wins"

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2008, 06:34:33 AM »
:lol
On the odd occasion a few of us are online at the same time in the MA it's funny to hear the whines of "gangtards" and "pickers" directed at us flying as a team :D
It's a shame I can't get on to do it more often, since our squad is dispersed around the globe getting us all online at one time is a rare occurrence.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »
But the fact is no one wants to be the first one into a different arena. This you must accept. Because most peoples ideas to change the system, are only a way to make it so some one else must be the first in the arena, and not them.

Ain't that the truth?

- oldman

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »
I don't think we need more planes, though I don't mind new ones  :aok The problem is with the "kids" having to "win the game at all costs" I'd say that 75% of the people flying in the MAs play like its "quake" of some other first person shooter type game. Everyone has the mentality to just dive in with the biggest guns, blazing a path of destruction. There is no strategy, no thought involved, die and take as many with me as I can, rinse and repeat as quickly as possible, get my name in lights at the top of the score board.

Thats why the late war arenas are the most populated, biggest guns, and most target concentration.

I'd bet that if 9 guys formed a squad, 6 fighters of average skill, but used wingman tactics, and 3 guys that could hit something other than "strat" targets in buff and are average gunners, who used strategy and planning in their missions, they would be almost unstopable in the MAs as they play out in there these days.

Most people don't know how to fight a winging pair, look at all the "pick" whines. Heaven forbid you have 2 pairs in, "gangs". No we don't need new planes, we need people with better attitudes. People who believe that "skill" is more important than "points", people who believe "the fight" is more important than "who wins"
Great thoughts fugitive. I agree with you on the last 2 paragraphs completely  :aok

By plane set additions, I only meant early war planes. It would increase the population in early war arena perhaps... I would love to see some but I know it's expensive, man power, time, etc etc.
BMathis