Author Topic: Damage question  (Read 897 times)

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
Re: Damage question
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 12:42:30 AM »
The best is a 30mm from a k4 into a spixteens engine all he gets is an oil hit and keeps on flying its happened 3 or 4 times to me.
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 12:43:58 AM »
HO'ing is bad,  mmmmmkay.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 03:06:36 PM »
The Hizookas are probably the best air-air weapon in the game...maybe a little too good? :noid
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »
Spitfires: we are your nightmares! ;)
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 03:18:55 PM »
He probably died but you went down before him.  They can glide a while from what I understand.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 03:23:38 PM »
Not a long time, its quite decent though.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 03:29:09 PM »
... read my above post, I wasn't going for a HO, was going for a clean merge.

'Clean' merge is hardly a valid merge tactic and you shouldn't be surprised if someone takes the HO shot as a result of using such a craptastic merge.  Maybe you should take some time to read Rocketman's excellent 3 part series on how to merge that is posted over at Netaces.org and maybe you'll learn what a proper merge is.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »
'Clean' merge is hardly a valid merge tactic and you shouldn't be surprised if someone takes the HO shot as a result of using such a craptastic merge.  Maybe you should take some time to read Rocketman's excellent 3 part series on how to merge that is posted over at Netaces.org and maybe you'll learn what a proper merge is.

ack-ack

Even using perfect merge tactics, you're going to take a ping or worse ~0.5-1.0% of the time because the attacker gets lucky.  1 hizooka ping is enough to ruin your day.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 06:39:11 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
Even using perfect merge tactics, you're going to take a ping or worse ~0.5-1.0% of the time because the attacker gets lucky.  1 hizooka ping is enough to ruin your day.

But doing a craptastic merge like the one Trigger2 did and you'll get HO'd 99% of the time.  Honestly, he has no one to blame but himself.  He went head on with another plane with the unrealistic hope of the other guy not taking the HO shot.  He gambled and paid the price for it.  However, if he knew how to merge (his posts show that he doesn't) he would easily avoid the HO merge 99% of the time.

It is also interesting to point out that everyone in his squadron uses the same craptastic merge as he does.  I ran across one of the supposed TAS super-experten aces Spacy and he has the same lack of knowledge on merges as Trigger2 has.  All Spacy would do is HO on the merge, so I'm not surprised anyone else in their squadron uses the same crap tactics.

ack-ack

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 08:35:23 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure I have read, everywhere, that sprites do not pinpoint hits or detonations, simply are a graphic reference to contact between round and aircraft, also not to be used as a hit counter.  And is such for a number of reasons.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,229605.0.html

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,221539.0.html

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,123496.0.html

:salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 12:15:05 AM »
But doing a craptastic merge like the one Trigger2 did and you'll get HO'd 99% of the time.  Honestly, he has no one to blame but himself.  He went head on with another plane with the unrealistic hope of the other guy not taking the HO shot.  He gambled and paid the price for it.  However, if he knew how to merge (his posts show that he doesn't) he would easily avoid the HO merge 99% of the time.

It is also interesting to point out that everyone in his squadron uses the same craptastic merge as he does.  I ran across one of the supposed TAS super-experten aces Spacy and he has the same lack of knowledge on merges as Trigger2 has.  All Spacy would do is HO on the merge, so I'm not surprised anyone else in their squadron uses the same crap tactics.

ack-ack

Comin in from 12 o' clock high, I wonder why it wasn't such a perfect merge...
Plus, Spacy, 99% of the time, flys a zero... and last I checked, zero's weren't all too great at HO's, so if he did try it, should be easy to counter, but, then again, I guess with your "perfect" flying, you don't know how to handle this situation eh?  :lol
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 04:49:15 AM »
Comin in from 12 o' clock high, I wonder why it wasn't such a perfect merge...

That screenshot just proves my point.  This HO could have easily been avoided if you knew how to merge.  While not excusing the initial head on shot from the other guy, you're still to blame for your own death in this case.  You had so many options at your disposal but you didn't know how to take advantage of them.

Plus, Spacy, 99% of the time, flys a zero... and last I checked, zero's weren't all too great at HO's, so if he did try it, should be easy to counter, but, then again, I guess with your "perfect" flying, you don't know how to handle this situation eh?  :lol

That's exactly what he was in and each time he broke into me, he was firing his guns trying for the head on shot, which was easy to avoid by going into a vertical turn and coming down on is six.  Point is, even in a Zeke vs. P-38J, he had options at his disposal that he either refused or didn't know how to use and relied on the HO as his primary tactic.

ack-ack