Author Topic: I did it!  (Read 460 times)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Re: I did it!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 03:19:48 PM »
Wheel cowling thingy is a very advanced and highly technical aviation term.  Wheel pants are more appropriate for the layman.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 12:05:16 AM »
Dude, you can never complain about your parents again, ever. :rolleyes:

Congratulations. :aok

Yeah, that was my dad's doing. As much as he can REALLY piss me off, he has always been really supportive of anything I've wanted to do.

this aircraft has interchangeable wingtips?

Yes, the short-span tips are to increase speed, the long span increases range and glide ratio. The difference however is so small as to be un-noticable. I prefer short span though, as it is a bit more stable in high-winds.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 12:07:16 AM »
Today, one month and ten days after my 16th birthday, I passed my practical exam and earned my private pilot's license in a glider! And since someone crashed my plane and im too broke to rent another one unless im going to make VERY good use of it, Im going to spend what I have left next weekend to jump in a Cessna and start earning hours for my powered now that Im old enough. Sadly, until my motorglider gets replaced, I won't be flying much :(

Thats all good and well, What do you have to offer the freedom resistance?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 12:13:45 AM »
Thats all good and well, What do you have to offer the freedom resistance?

:huh  Im guessing this is some cultural reference that went way over my head...

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 12:23:02 AM »
So are the scumbags who damaged your plane are being stunninghunks about coughing up for the repairs?
That sucks but it's one of those things. Some folk really have no concept of care when it's not their own property.
Do you have any pics post crash? It would be interesting to see the sort of damage that was caused. That's one of the things you won't have to worry about once you get an endorsement to get rid of that training wheel in the front. :aok.
Oh and :salute congrats on getting your ticket!
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 12:28:48 AM »
So are the scumbags who damaged your plane are being overthunks about coughing up for the repairs?
That sucks but it's one of those things. Some folk really have no concept of care when it's not their own property.
Do you have any pics post crash? It would be interesting to see the sort of damage that was caused. That's one of the things you won't have to worry about once you get an endorsement to get rid of that training wheel in the front. :aok.
Oh and :salute congrats on getting your ticket!

Actually, to be honest, Im not even sure who the guy is. I am staying out of it as I dont have the experience with insurance companies my father has. As far as post-crash pics, I have a few, but I keep forgetting the adapter I need to take them off my phone. I only went to the aircraft once since the crash, and that was on the day it happened. I got a few images on my cell phone but nothing of any good quality. Its been cleaned up since then (The parts that tore off have been collected and stored, the dirt has been rinsed off, etc.) so any pics I get wont be all that "impressive". Im going to the field on wedensday though, Ill grab a couple pictures then.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 12:41:45 AM »
Today, one month and ten days after my 16th birthday, I passed my practical exam and earned my private pilot's license in a glider! And since someone crashed my plane and im too broke to rent another one unless im going to make VERY good use of it, Im going to spend what I have left next weekend to jump in a Cessna and start earning hours for my powered now that Im old enough. Sadly, until my motorglider gets replaced, I won't be flying much :(

:aok congrades bro.  if you are in Tulsa, Ok.  My brother is a flight instructore at Sparten Flight school.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group