Author Topic: Invader requesst....  (Read 693 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Invader requesst....
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 07:02:02 PM »
There is little that the A-20 cant do...the A-26 is certainly a superior plane but for game purposes they are identical. The A-20 with either the original US $ x 20mm load out or the Russian 4 x 20mm load out would be just fine vs the A-26 (not that I wouldn't love to have it).

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 07:23:26 PM »
I really think the A-26 is a better choice than the 217, I like having gunz in the nose, and an effective defence.
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 07:37:14 PM »
I really think the A-26 is a better choice than the 217, I like having gunz in the nose, and an effective defence.

If you define choice purely on biggest badest, most potent plane yes.
But that's a race ending in nothing but verly late war monsters. (Also I sometimes have the feeling that most players requesting the "awesome" stuff do forget all their enemies will be able to fly/drive it too ;))

I'm not arguing against a A-26 per se.. just saying that the 217 is a competitive aircraft spanning a huge timeframe (early to late war), closing a big gap in the planeset (currently players flying German iron only are stuck with slow EW bomber). It's a better choice in terms of balance, variety and gameplay :)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »
If you define choice purely on biggest badest, most potent plane yes.
But that's a race ending in nothing but verly late war monsters. (Also I sometimes have the feeling that most players requesting the "awesome" stuff do forget all their enemies will be able to fly/drive it too ;))

I'm not arguing against a A-26 per se.. just saying that the 217 is a competitive aircraft spanning a huge timeframe (early to late war), closing a big gap in the planeset (currently players flying German iron only are stuck with slow EW bomber). It's a better choice in terms of balance, variety and gameplay :)

Damn!! There ya go trying to make sense again!

While i agree with your rational, I still have to ask: will the 217 be worth the effort to put into the game before the A-26 as it would not get as much usage as the 26?
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »
Damn!! There ya go trying to make sense again!

While i agree with your rational, I still have to ask: will the 217 be worth the effort to put into the game before the A-26 as it would not get as much usage as the 26?

would it really not get as much usage? I'm not sure. Also, isn't usageA>usageB alone a pretty narrow factor in determining which plane to add next? the Do 217 would be far from being a hangar queen...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 08:16:13 PM »
would it really not get as much usage? I'm not sure. Also, isn't usageA>usageB alone a pretty narrow factor in determining which plane to add next? the Do 217 would be far from being a hangar queen...

I'm not really sure either, just an assumption.

Would it see more use than the 39 or the 25? ( the 26)

I think it would.

And while i wouldn't want to deny the guys who fly scenarios their due.

I think the majority of players( The MAs) should get 1st dibs.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 10:47:13 PM »

(currently players flying German iron only are stuck with slow EW bomber). It's a better choice in terms of balance, variety and gameplay :)

Thanks for the notice Lusche.
Bring on the Stuka G-2 so I can kill GV's on a base with ords and fighters down.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas