Author Topic: Something intresting for you gun lovers out there  (Read 1336 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Re: Something intresting for you gun lovers out there
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 01:06:41 PM »
That reminds me ... what ever happened to my quest to get an American 180? :pray

... and what the heck Laz is doing here anyway :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xHntTerlpg
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Seraphim

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 12:21:01 AM »
How old do you have to be to get a gun permit? I am turing 18 in July. One of my dads friends owns a orignal M1 Carbine that i really really like, and he mentioned to me last time we went shooting that he is going to put it on sale soon.

This is one of the anti-gun myths. You don't need a permit to own a gun, just be over 18. Valid ID is all you need in VA from what I know. Just be glad your not in Kalifornia, where you almost need a body cavity search to walk in a gun store.

Offline Jouster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »
This is one of the anti-gun myths. You don't need a permit to own a gun, just be over 18. Valid ID is all you need in VA from what I know. Just be glad your not in Kalifornia, where you almost need a body cavity search to walk in a gun store.

Not only that, if someone buys you a gun, you can legally own a long gun at 16 and a handgun at 18. Now thats in MO and I know it's a states rights thing so ymmv. you can legally shoot a firearm at any age though with adult supervision under 16 I believe?

Anyway I rolled back up in here to give the range report on the GSG-5. Factory rear sight needed adustment right out of the box. Recoil as expected is nil. This gun is very heavy. 6 lbs. unloaded. definately need two hands to fire accurately. It's a fun gun, but not much use except as a plinker, it feels best shooting from the hip. I've never shot another gun ever that felt like that. The only reason it has a threaded barrel it the flash supressor threads onto it, as said supressor will not fit in the box attatched to the gun, a thread protector threads on in its place for transport. I bought a couple of the 22 round magazines for it and after the first loading, both mags then held 24 rounds each without a problem. Zero misfires in my hands. Ran like a champ until I let my 9yo daughter shoot it. (actually I made her) At that point she got one fte. No problem though, stripped the mag, ran the bolt, and problem solved. Good practice for fte but she limped it, I watched her. I ran about 100 rounds through it, which I know isn't much, but I ran out of stuff to shoot and was tired of target shooting with it.
Watching you get on my six with my dead cat like reflexes.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 09:00:37 AM »

Sig, Those 220's in your avatar have what type of finish on them?  I cant tell from the glare but it looks like it has a standard blue finish. 
I have the 226 9m with tritium's and just love it, the one I have has a flat mat finish to minimize any reflections.  During my tour working with specops guys and getting to use them as our standard issue secondary it just made sense to own one. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:02:37 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."