Author Topic: Any advantage in AH to get an I core 7 over an e8500  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Any advantage in AH to get an I core 7 over an e8500
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 07:01:34 PM »
Excuse me while I replace my keyboard. Oh yes, I forgot the paper towels...
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 07:47:22 PM »
I think you will find Tilldeath's answers to be the most spot on for this situation at this present times there is very little processor power or Video GPU power required by this game it is relatively primitive in it's use of the power available at this time, the game has not reached a point of development where it is even remotely capable of stressing either the "CPU" or "GPU" of any machine build within the last three years.

And you have no idea what you are talking about.  Would you like to deal with the many people I deal with everyday who struggle to make the game play smoothly on thier computer?  How are you qualified to know anything at all about how our game works?  Did you help write it?  Are you a friend of HiTech's?  Scratch that one, as no friend of HiTech's would ever make such a statement.

People who come in here and pretend to know everything there is to know about our game, and never written one line of its code are not to be taken seriously.  I say that for anyone reading the above response.  This person has no idea what he/she is talking about.  Modeling flight is a very CPU intensive operation.  Anyone trying to dispute that is just clueless.

If anyone wants to know something, then ask the question.  I can promise you will get a more reliable and accurate answer than someone who is slinging this type of tripe around.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:51:52 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 09:10:10 PM »
I think you will find Tilldeath's answers to be the most spot on for this situation at this present times there is very little processor power or Video GPU power required by this game it is relatively primitive in it's use of the power available at this time, the game has not reached a point of development where it is even remotely capable of stressing either the "CPU" or "GPU" of any machine build within the last three years.

You might as well put the water bong down.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 11:24:09 PM »
... the game has not reached a point of development where it is even remotely capable of stressing either the "CPU" or "GPU" of any machine build within the last three years.

I bet I could build a new machine tomorrow that would be totally overstressed by this game.

I'll tell you what, we both pay half.  I'll build it, test it and post screenshots.  If I'm right I keep the machine, if you're right you keep it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 01:21:34 AM »
I bet I could build a new machine tomorrow that would be totally overstressed by this game.

I'll tell you what, we both pay half.  I'll build it, test it and post screenshots.  If I'm right I keep the machine, if you're right you keep it.
Can I get in on this one...

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 03:11:50 AM »

Can I take a peice of TD's action?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2009, 12:43:42 AM »

Does that mean you and I both pay half and if I can build a new machine that can be stressed by AH I get to keep it?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.