Author Topic: F6F-5 night flying bug  (Read 552 times)

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
F6F-5 night flying bug
« on: April 30, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »
I was working on some night carrier flying and came a cross a possible bug with the Hellcat. Everything looks fine, except for when I put the hook out, then the exterior of the plane goes to black (see images). I've tried all the other USN aircraft and it only happens with the Hellcat, so I don't think it's a video card issue.

Thanks,
Baumer

Hook up

Hook down
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Re: F6F-5 night flying bug
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 03:46:41 PM »
Did you try it with the default skin?  Or is that the default skin?
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 04:04:25 PM »
I tried it with all the AH approved skins and it's the same, I just choose this one to show the problem more clearly.

Also, in the images you'll notice the non-standard light colors, but even using the ndisle map with default settings, you'll get the same thing once you deploy the hook.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 05:31:56 PM »
I tried it with all the AH approved skins and it's the same, I just choose this one to show the problem more clearly.

Also, in the images you'll notice the non-standard light colors, but even using the ndisle map with default settings, you'll get the same thing once you deploy the hook.

That was the only thing that jumped out at me.  As thorough as you usually are, I should have known you'd checked that.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »
I think thats to prevent getting tagged by a baddie when flying slow to land on the carrier  :lol

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 07:23:32 PM »
Crazy idea.  Is it because of the "hook" light being on?  The light from inside the cockpit overpowering the ambient light.  Kind of like a camera exposure thing.

Does it happen with the autopilot light lit?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay