Author Topic: Automatic terrain downgrade  (Read 417 times)

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
Automatic terrain downgrade
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:21:34 AM »
When I log in to the MA's I am downgraded to non detailed terrain....this is not really a problem because my computer loads the needed "stuff" to run at least 60(usually 75) FR's. after a few minutes(more like seconds)I'm good to go.  I am just wondering if other people are having this happen. I ran the beta a lot and found what works for my system, and I have to say I love the upgrade. I am just wondering how long do you have or why does the game default to the non detailed terrain? I have run the new version very well(if not better) than the old one. This is not a whine by any means, but maybe people are getting
defaulted to the non detailed terrain and don't realize it. This may have been brought up, but I find that the longer I am in an arena the better the game runs.
Lagger

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Re: Automatic terrain downgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:55:12 AM »
It has happened to me as well.I just hit the Default video setting on the clipboard and it sets it straight.

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:20:36 AM »
Yea, they need to up the timer on it or make it so the first 60 secs u log in the arena it doesn't do that.  I get 50-60 fps with everything turned on including max AA and shadows.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:56:52 AM »
Yep, this started for me with the latest patch. Every time I log in it uncheck's all the boxes under advanced. I run with everything on full detail (except SS and AA) and get a FR of 45-60.

Duel Intel 2.2's
4gig
Vista 32
9500GT 1gig
550W PS

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 03:06:43 PM »
We put a "safety net" in the game for those who were/are experiencing problems accessing the various detail options which kicks off the "Detailed Terrain" option when the frame rate drops too low.

HiTech has already stated he needs to make some changes to it in certain circumstances.  Look for a patch to address this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 05:35:22 PM »
We put a "safety net" in the game for those who were/are experiencing problems accessing the various detail options which kicks off the "Detailed Terrain" option when the frame rate drops too low.

HiTech has already stated he needs to make some changes to it in certain circumstances.  Look for a patch to address this.

Good deal
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
The timing is way too short.  Since it takes a few seconds (or longer) for the game to load, it always turns all the advanced graphics off, requiring us to turn everything back on as one of our first in-game motions.  Doesn't hurt gameplay of course, but very annoying turning it all back on every time.  Also, it is screwing the film viewer up, as per this thread:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,270738.0.html

Is 30 seconds before everything gets turned off a good compromise?  Too long, too short?  Right now it's way to short IMO, since nobody's PC instantly loads AH in less than a second.

:salute
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:13:50 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 07:37:26 PM »

Thanks for the info Skuzzy :aok
Lagger

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 07:52:55 PM »
Bump a dump
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩