Author Topic: why am I still paying for this game  (Read 880 times)

Offline EzzyDuzIt

• Zinc Member
why am I still paying for this game
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:34:21 PM »
every since the latest terraine graphics/patch etc etc came out I have not been able to play more that 10 minutes without the game "studdering" ... "skipping"..."jumping"  etc etc etc .or as of late getting discoed ... this is rediculouse ... been playing this game for like 4 years and NEVER had any problems until the latest and greatest changes took place ... yeah i know ... I have a "older" system and etc but come on ... why make changes that nobody can play more than 10 minutes without having problems.... makes me wonder why I am giving HTC my money when I cant enjoy the game ???? I have changed all my settings and video stuff and all that .. like I said .. never had a problem with the game until the last 2 or months when all the changes were made .. totally rediculouse.

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
Re: why am I still paying for this game
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
Upgrade man.  Things move forward.  The only constant is change.  Flow like water, don't fight the current.  I have to save to get a new vid card to run with all the eye candy on, but I'm getting by until then.  Just put a few bucks aside every paycheck, even if it's only 10.  Before too long you'll be buying a new part to get you there.  One piece at at time and you'll get there.  You're still paying for the game because it's AWESOME!  Think of the fights you'll be missing, and the bsing with friends and all the good times.  All games require upgrades as time passes.
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:19:15 AM »
true what maddafinga says.  I started upgrading soon as beta came out.  been upgrading a little at a time for the past 2 months, will take me another 2 months to get to where i want, but i enjoy the game, so I spend what i can afford when i can afford it.  u dont have to have a first rate system.  post your specs maybe something can be done and u can reuse some parts from your existing computer, i am reusing mine and i have a 4 yeard old system

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 03:05:25 AM »
It seems to me flight sim pilots have always had to have either great systems or the knowledge in how to tweak their systems for performance. There is a great deal of knowledge accessible on these boards if you give them half a chance.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 04:22:41 AM »
Hey man, I'm in the same boat.  The only way I can talk to my friends anymore is through Team Speak.  And I mean that's it.  I don't even have the game installed anymore.  There's no point in doing that for me.  I mean, what can I accomplish with a frame rate of about 8/10 fps?  That's on a good day.  My system is far from being able to play this game, however I'm not gonna' leave.  I'm going to fix my other piece of junk and hope it does better. 
Just hang in there.  Hitech ain't trying to make anybody's system run slow, it's just something we all have to deal with.   

<S>
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 04:35:19 AM »
every since the latest terraine graphics/patch etc etc came out I have not been able to play more that 10 minutes without the game "studdering" ... "skipping"..."jumping"  etc etc etc .or as of late getting discoed ... this is rediculouse ... been playing this game for like 4 years and NEVER had any problems until the latest and greatest changes took place ... yeah i know ... I have a "older" system and etc but come on ... why make changes that nobody can play more than 10 minutes without having problems.... makes me wonder why I am giving HTC my money when I cant enjoy the game ???? I have changed all my settings and video stuff and all that .. like I said .. never had a problem with the game until the last 2 or months when all the changes were made .. totally rediculouse.

what are your system specs? what exactly have you done to improve performance? without this, its just a whine.

AH is playable on a PIII 1.2G Celeron and MX440 if you set it up right...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,270181.0.html
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 09:02:53 AM »
If you would like some help, all you have to do is ask.  The game is highly scalable to a very wide range of computer systems.

A DXDIAG output would be a good place to start.  Also of importance are the "Video Settings" you are using, as well as the Option->Graphic Detail slider settings and what is checked in the Option->Graphic Detail->Advanced panel.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 06:35:10 PM »
 :noid
Agreed. Frustrating it is, Fun it is, Upgrading she takes (maddafinga slaps miggy upside the head to make him stop Yoda speak). Trainers are a big help as well. Skuzzy cant help if ya dont ask.

Me, I fly, I die, I sux and I love this community. the boards have the answer. My kid using Limeware on my connection. I unplugged his computer and Iknow it takes time for the HAMMERING to my ip to stop.

I look and I have feet, arms, not bleeding badly... Go with the flow. It is LIFE

Salute!  :salute
ole miggy
MIG, Mig, MlG. mig$, =mig=, MOTMIG, stupidmig and wife calls me late for lunch-mig. I just dont care. It's fun

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 11:20:46 PM »
So Mig, it would appear, is actually Frank Oz. I had no idea!

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 01:41:07 PM »
 :airplane: huh? (bing search for frank oz)

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »
:airplane: huh? (bing search for frank oz)

The guy who worked the puppet and did the voice for Yoda.  Talented guy, he is yes......
madda
The Musketeers Squadron