Author Topic: TRACKIR question. MACE2004 I need ya !  (Read 432 times)

Offline Phil

• Copper Member
TRACKIR question. MACE2004 I need ya !
« on: October 16, 2009, 08:09:53 PM »
Last time I played was Feb2009.
Winter months up ahead and gearing for AH action.

Sat down and download ALL the new releases...

My TRACKIR is too smooth....
1/2 second delay and its getting me sick to the stomach ....  Hehehehe !
I remember having that problem once or twice in the past(many months ago) but don't remember the quick fix.

I want my movement to be crisper
Ive checked with the TABS in Track IR and played with the SMOOTHNESS slider and brought it down to 5 and still not
getting what I used to have.
I've changed the options from Smooth to aggressive and doesn't seem to fix the problem.
I know I can get better than this but having a "BRAIN FART" !!!! :mad:

I've read thru some threads but can pinpoint my problem(used the search tab)

MACE we discussed TRACKIR before and you might have few suggestions !

Oooops Maybe this should of been posted in other dept !
Anyone ??
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:21:30 PM by Phil »

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
Re: TRACKIR question. MACE2004 I need ya !
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 08:31:56 PM »
There is a button you press that toggles the precision mode. I think it's F7 by default. To check what it is, click edit with your profile selected, go to the hot keys tab, and look for precision. It sounds like your problem.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:32:14 PM »
Possibly you've hit whatever key you have defined for precision mode mate - done that a few times, and it makes it waaaay slower than you are used to.

hth,

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 12:08:13 AM »
Howdy Phil, glad you're back.

You said you've downloaded all the newest software.  That would be version 5.0 which specifically supports the new TIR 5.  It works with TIR 4 but this is something I haven't taken the time to try out myself, I'm still using version 4.1.037.  5.0 is supposed to translate your old version 4 profiles but I don't know how well it works, this may be causing your problem but I don't know for sure.  The suggestion to check that you didn't inadvertently select "precision" is probably right as it will slow down the response.  If you're sure precision is deselected and you still have the problem you may try to download the last version 4 and see if that fixes it (assuming of course that you now have 5.0 installed).  

Another problem could be the latest AH update.  With all the bells and whistles turned on it takes more processing power and that, of course, means less processing power available to the TIR.  I had significant TIR lag with the new version until I built my new computer (I had a fairly old single core Dell XPS Gen3).  What are your computer specs?  If this appears to be the problem try flying AH with everything (detail, reflections, shadows, etc.) all turned down or off to see if TIR works correctly.

Other than those suggestions, check the profile in my signature to make sure you've remembered your settings correctly.  Remember that I have very little centering on mine so the view doesn't "pause" as you cross the various axis.

Mace
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:11:41 AM by Mace2004 »
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 03:58:00 AM »
Thinking of buying track ir is it anygood?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario