Author Topic: straifing in ah  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: straifing in ah
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 08:46:47 AM »
  Remember what plane you are flying. I fly a 190 alot and getting into a p-38 and strafing you forget it won't handle as quickly then Boom.  :cry
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 10:07:29 AM »
Turn off combat trim before you go into the dive.  I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've augured on strafing runs since I started doing that.  As your speed increases in the dive, the combat trim automatically dials in nose-down trim, exacerbating the issue when you go to pull out.  Once you start your dive recovery and have achieved a positive rate of climb, you can enable combat trim again.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 01:27:59 AM »
Turn off combat trim before you go into the dive.  I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've augured on strafing runs since I started doing that.  As your speed increases in the dive, the combat trim automatically dials in nose-down trim, exacerbating the issue when you go to pull out.  Once you start your dive recovery and have achieved a positive rate of climb, you can enable combat trim again.

I'll have to give that a try in my IL-2, never thought of that. Thank you Stoney <S>
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok