Author Topic: Keystoke Issue  (Read 266 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Keystoke Issue
« on: January 17, 2010, 04:45:36 AM »
Alright, well, I am back to my old keystroke issue. I reinstalled the Synaptics Touch-pad drivers, along with several other drivers that were lost when I upgraded to windows 7, and now several of my keys don't work. For example, a command mapped to the [ key does not function when pressing [ but rather functions when pressing ]; And the key mapped to ] functions when \ is pressed, and the key mapped to \ just doesn't happen at all. When mapping the keys [ is ] and ] is \ but this only happens for certain keys... So, obviously it was these drivers.

The drivers I reinstalled/updated:

ENE CIR Receiver Driver
HP Quick Launch Buttons
Synaptics Touchpad
Validity Sensor Driver

I reinstalled/updated these to fix two problems with the keyboard, the first being that my mute touchpad no longer changed color when muted. The second was that the scroll portion of my touchpad did not scroll. These drivers fixed both of those issues (that came about upgrading to Windows 7) but brought back this keystroke issue I had before windows 7. Apparently, I cannot win 'em all, and I would rather having working keys, lol.

Also, this problem only occurs in games. When typing, all keys are just fine.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Keystoke Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 05:04:11 PM »
Uninstalled the synaptics touchpad driver, no solution. Cannot locate the other drivers. Any advice? This is making video games incredibly difficult when keys aren't where they say they are...