Author Topic: does WEP reset if you rearm?  (Read 1849 times)

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
Re: does WEP reset if you rearm?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 12:23:15 AM »

"the Aces High model universally limits WEP usage via engine temperature"    AH  wikii  thingy..............

I tested the Ki 84.   It does cool down twice as quick with the engine off. This backs up what i stated.......Never said anything about throttle down.

I do see ,to some degree, your point about time.

ON the Ki 84.For every second u let the engine cool u get two seconds of wep. IF you turn it off it does it quicker by double....I'm sure that could be expressed in degrees as well for every  x degrees engine cools down you get x degrees till wep shuts off.. 

I did not test TOTAL wep time for the Ki 84. I have know idea what that is.... From the looks of your test it is cyclical till you run out of fuel.

Maybe Hitech will reply and clarify seems like the P51  should have a total which is less than your test.  bug maybe?

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 01:32:04 AM »
More of a modeling decision. They may do that some day, but frankly the wep cut-off time is based on pilot restrictions at the time they were used.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 03:51:33 AM »
I took a P-51D up and tested it. I did the 5-min WEP, 10-min cool-down cycle 5 times before running out of fuel.

thanks for testing, cant argue with that :)  from firedrgn's tests it seems that engine off is best when you rearm too, to make sure WEP recharges asap.

curious that the P-51B/D WEP recharges quicker than all the other merlin powered aircraft :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli