Author Topic: Plane performance not right?  (Read 2471 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Plane performance not right?
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2010, 11:23:30 AM »
LOL. Uhhh there's no difference.
you sure? cuz i feel a difference... maybe just learned to fly it right?  :lol  but i really do feel a difference like the P51D is better somehow...
The puppet was also smart enough to not respond to that  :P
that muppet aint a puppet mate :neener:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2010, 11:25:48 AM »
 :lol
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2010, 11:30:55 AM »
Here are the results of my 262 tests.

Versions compared: 218.4 and 214.1
Setup: 50% fuel, FB 0, takoff same base (sea level)

Takeoff acceleration:
0-100 mph (no flaps): No difference

Level flight acceleration @ sea level:
250-350: same
350-450: same
450-500: 84 seconds (v218) to 88 seconds (v214). still less than 5%, and when looking at all data it more likely seem to be a testing inaccuracy imho

The amount of altitude gained during this acceleration test was about the same in both AH versions.

Dive acceleration:
This is the most inaccurate test, as the process of nosing down and getting the same angle of dive is somewhat difficult. I used the artifical horizon & auto-angle.
Did a ~45° dive with idle engines from 10k to impact (sea level), starting at ~300 mph.
v218: time 38 seconds, impact speed 547
v214: time 35 seconds, impact speed 552

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »
Lusche.
Thank  you for taking the time to check the performance of the P-51D. I fly this plane all the time and almost nothing else for the last four yrs. However it still seems not to fly like it did just a short time back. I was ran down by an F4U-1A in level flight over about a half a grid. I don't even bother to wep up the 51-D most times and almost always make it back to the rearm pad. Can a problem on my end cause this? I have a 4GB computer with fiber optic connection with the GForce-8400 card. My frame rate is in the 60s mostly except in the WWI arena. In there it is in the teens for some reason.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2010, 12:04:05 PM »
I was ran down by an F4U-1A in level flight over about a half a grid. I don't even bother to wep up the 51-D most times and almost always make it back to the rearm pad. Can a problem on my end cause this? I have a 4GB computer with fiber optic connection with the GForce-8400 card. My frame rate is in the 60s mostly except in the WWI arena. In there it is in the teens for some reason.

No, it's not a technical problem on your computer.

Was your chase ending up on the deck? If yes, it's no surprise that a F4U-1a was able to catch you. Both planes top speed under WEP is almost identical on the deck, so it's all about initial energy state as well as energy management (=skillful flying) during the chase. And the F4U is a heavy plane being able to retain its energy better than the 51.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
Lusche.
Thank  you for taking the time to check the performance of the P-51D. I fly this plane all the time and almost nothing else for the last four yrs. However it still seems not to fly like it did just a short time back. I was ran down by an F4U-1A in level flight over about a half a grid. I don't even bother to wep up the 51-D most times and almost always make it back to the rearm pad. Can a problem on my end cause this? I have a 4GB computer with fiber optic connection with the GForce-8400 card. My frame rate is in the 60s mostly except in the WWI arena. In there it is in the teens for some reason.

*hint*

If you're being tail chased by a -1a and it's gaining.... just lift the nose by about 5-10 degrees.  Use his bulk against him, going uphill.  Don't zoom.... just put a little back pressure on the stick.  Even if he still closes, it's more than likely you will end up with a better E situation in a very short fight, unless he had vastly superior altitude to start.

It doesn't take long in a climb for that weight to start sapping his E state.

My second hint.... don't run. FIGHT.  (although there are times <5 minutes of fuel that you need to get home) Running, you rely only upon the plane, and provide a known flight plan for your foe to counter.  ( I will simply cut the corner to your airfield, and meet you about 2K from landing)

Fighting, you rely upon your plane and yourself.....though for some people that's a loss.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2010, 07:07:27 AM »
Ok I have noticed something.
When your in a sustained dive. All the planes now seem to want to nose up more.

I used to experience this only in a 262 and maybe a couple of other aircraft. but now it seems to effect all of them now
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:30 AM »
Well something is wrong with the P-51 it was never a Zero when it came to turning but now it will not even respond to the rudder. I pull the sick to turn and the stall buzzer sounds. It ain't like I just started using the 51. It has been the main aircraft I used for yrs. Something is not right.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
Have you tried recalibrating your controls?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »
Thx Snailman.

<shrugs>

The combat trim on the jet is 100% surely not working properly.  I guess it looks like the speeds are close enough from that test.  In any case, I'm sure HiTech is looking into it and that means it will be fixed very soon.  :rock