Author Topic: Kill shooter question  (Read 1372 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Kill shooter question
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 11:30:56 PM »
I believe it works as like on like...plane on plane...GV on GV....

Or ack on ack?  If so you could still kill shoot most of the manned ack at an airfield.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 05:24:09 AM »
No.  I don't want some love muffin fragging me because he's about to log off and doesn't care if he is PNG when he's asleep at night.
I'de PNG you all night long! :banana:  but seriously do we really need friendly fire on the runway? I do enjoy shooting squadies in the manned ack though. banana time :banana:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »
Or ack on ack?  If so you could still kill shoot most of the manned ack at an airfield.

I don't believe it works with ack at all and I know that bomber on bomer does no damage to either party.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »
(Rhetorical question, of course) But what I'd really LOVE to know is why I can shoot the crud out of an enemy bomber and watch him fly home trailing smoke about half the time, but the five bullets that miss the enemy fighter I'm trying to clear off of a friendly bomber takes my elevator, oil, one of my gear and half a wing? 

:D

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »
HiTech, I don't mean it like that. I mean to leave it the way it is now, and if some noob is deliberately shooting you and killing himself (not a few pings here and there, an intentional "I wanna kill you" burst) then he should get a PNG for a few minutes to a few hours.

What's the harm in a newb kill shooting himself repeatedly?  And how often does this even happen?  Calling this thread a moot point would be an understatement.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
(Rhetorical question, of course) But what I'd really LOVE to know is why I can shoot the crud out of an enemy bomber and watch him fly home trailing smoke about half the time, but the five bullets that miss the enemy fighter I'm trying to clear off of a friendly bomber takes my elevator, oil, one of my gear and half a wing? 

:D

My theory with this,which includes puffy ack, is, a fighter can take less hits before critical damage than a big bomber does.  So, a killshot of you in a fighter pinging a bomber does the equivalent damage to your fighter as if you were being shot vs. you actually hitting a bomber.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 05:35:29 AM »
I can count on my hand how many times I have killed shot myself since I started playing.  I learned the aw way.  you killed a friendly no ammo for 24 hours.  so u learn to shoot in short bursts and it teaches you SA.  I see lots of people pulling the trigger as if they had unlimited ammo, there is no need for 2 or 3 second bursts in here.  also most people think SA only applies to where the enemy is, but you should also know where your friends are.  some guys jumps in front of you and you kill shoot yourself, its your problem not his.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 08:34:40 AM »
What's the harm in a newb kill shooting himself repeatedly?  And how often does this even happen?  Calling this thread a moot point would be an understatement.

How is having a legitimate question and asking it a "moot point"?  I guess no one should ever ask for clarification of anything having to do with the game then.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 10:10:55 AM »
i SAY MAKE FRIENDLY SHOTS DO NOTHING. IT GETS REAL irritating when im pounding away at an enemy plane, and some n00b flies in my bullet path and makes me suicide

Noobs have that kind of power huh?  Maybe you should work a bit more on SA, or fly less in crowds.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 04:12:25 PM »
no kill shooter on the maned ack.  I always shoot at friendlies to get range.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »

I'd frag grizz on an average night in a 262 too

HiTech

WUIT------>   :bolt:

like this ^

<G>