Author Topic: Tighter controls?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: Tighter controls?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 09:58:37 PM »
Corsair seems a bit more agile than what I am used to but I don't know for sure since I was doing well avoiding getting killed but wasn't really able to get a good shot on planes and only ended up with assist after assist.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »
Feels the same to me

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 11:24:07 PM »
The only problem I noticed was that initially after the new version was released I was getting a TON of rudder spiking that kept me constantly having to recalibrate, otherwise it kept bouncing me out of auto level/auto-climb.

On an unrelated note, I upgraded my Power Supply shortly after and the problem vanished entirely, so it probably wasn't the game update but a VERY weird coincidence....

What I AM noticing now is a return of an issue I had about the time of the terrain update where the game was jumping when looking around or turning (it eventually resolved itself after a couple patches). It doesn't appear to be a FR issue, as that maintains a steady 58-59 (VSynch is left on) the entire time it does this, but rather it was a regular smooth/jump/smooth/jump/smooth/jump.... pattern as I panned my view (TrackIR) or turned my plane. I've also been seeing the overcast layer appear and disappear at random.

The jumping returned with the initial update. The vanishing cloud layer began with the patch released this past Friday.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 12:48:26 AM »
Has anyone else noticed since the patches that controls seem a bit more touchy? Haven't changed any of my settings but I've been snapping a lot today. Maybe just an off-day, but wondered if anyone else was experiencing this as well.

:airplane: Yes definitely has changed.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »
I think I get the same as well, but I have been gone for a few months so...................
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 07:50:16 PM »
The mouse doesn't seem sluggish any more.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 11:32:41 AM »
Seems mushy to me like combat trim is half on.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 08:18:49 PM »
And here I was thinking I had to lay off the booze so early in the morning.  I've noticed a definate change.  I feel like I've got to add more rudder than ususal.  Very strange indeed.
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2010, 08:46:30 AM »
And here I was thinking I had to lay off the booze so early in the morning.  I've noticed a definate change.  I feel like I've got to add more rudder than ususal.  Very strange indeed.

That's only because you KNOW traffic detail is coming soon!  :devil

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 08:57:11 AM »

That's only because you KNOW traffic detail is coming soon!  :devil

:rofl  Actually, I'm not looking forward to it.  I love it when people flip me off first thing in the morning.
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2010, 09:19:03 AM »
Planes are flying different...no doubt.  I am heavy handed on the stick and I never had much success in the F4U's but now their roll rate seems to have improved greatly.  I still suck in them but I can see light at the end of the tunnel!! lol.  On the other hand, all the Spits seem to roll better which is great for all of them but the 16....the 16 feels like it rolls so quickly it will flip in a tight, flat turn.  It never did that before.  My stick movements, vertically seem to produce a stair-stepping effect going up instead of smooth flight. 

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2010, 11:42:04 AM »
Nope, nothing different for me. The P51 is still the same lame piece of crap it's always been  :(

Or maybe it's just the pilot..i don't know  :cry
Lighten up Francis