Author Topic: fighterstick quits working if computer sets idle too long  (Read 599 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
fighterstick quits working if computer sets idle too long
« on: June 08, 2010, 07:47:37 AM »
I posted this on the CH Hanger forum.

My question:  Aces High is the only game I play, if I leave my computer on for around a hour without playing the stick quits working and I'm have to restart computer. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have ch rudder pedals and two logitech sticks connected also and they never do this. I calibrate with the control manger. Thanks.

The answer:  I don't play that but I suspect you computer is suspending USB to save power. Go into the control panel power settings and disable that.

the result: that fixed it. Now no more taking off with no controls.

link to CH Hanger

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
Re: fighterstick quits working if computer sets idle too long
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:35:02 PM »
I have the same problem. I always reboot before an FSO so as not to be embarrassed on the runway.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »

The answer:  I don't play that but I suspect you computer is suspending USB to save power. Go into the control panel power settings and disable that.

the result: that fixed it. Now no more taking off with no controls.

link to CH Hanger

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php

I have the same problem. I always reboot before an FSO so as not to be embarrassed on the runway.

Noah17, Sir..... have you tryed to go in and do what flatiron did to resolve his problem?

this has been a common theme with people using USB controllers and also having power management set up on their windows OS.....

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
I have noticed the same issue, I have resolved it by exiting the game, unplugging the joystick and then replugging it in.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 06:35:19 PM »
I've never had it happen to me because I found that little nugget of advice long ago while lurking in the Hardware section.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 06:48:46 AM »
I just now read the post and changed my settings to "high performance." Hopefully that will help.

Thanks for the advice.
 :salute