Author Topic: Are there any rockets that can kill tanks  (Read 2019 times)

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
Re: Are there any rockets that can kill tanks
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 05:15:28 PM »
Baumer's reference is a good one. (Use Sketchwork's 2009 gunsite collection) The Revil sight with the double box underneath is works well for low angle attacks on GV's at close ranges.  Fire the rockets in pairs....first salvo comes off the port wing, second off the starboard, and use the appropriate targeting box.  Like I said, this sight works best for low angle/high speed passes at a range of ~400 yards or under.  

To reach out a bit more, find Sketch's A8-N6 Jabo sight.

There is a dot underneath the pipper that marks a good jabo drop.  This mark, I've found, is exactly where the 190F8's rockets go when you place it on the turret at 600 yards, diving from an altitude of 3 K and 1.5K off the enemy gv. (firing rockets at 600 yards exactly)

So, basically... I fly over gv's at about 2,000 feet, and just range at icon distance.  When I find a gv, I initiate a shallow climb from 90 degrees offset from the front of the tank, till i hit 3,000 feet, and 1.5k distance on the gv.  From here I roll over and pull 180 degrees around in a shallow dive onto the gv.  Place the pipper short of your intended target, and let the GV move into the sight.  When the top of the turret is on the bottom pipper at D600, shoot two rockets.  If you do it right, you should get a side shot on the GV at 600 yards.  The rockets land right at the seam of the turret and the body deck.

A nice little trick I've learned with the F8 is also to keep an egg on until after I have used the rockets up.  Keeping the egg underneath the belly REALLY keeps the center of gravity stable,and the gunsight tends to wander a lot less......

I've figured out basically where to put the rockets at 1.5K to kill wirbles with the A8-N6 , but I usually need to salvo 3 or 4 at once to get a hit that far.  And then be called a cheater. Meh.  dancing banana  Just remember, it's not a fighter at all....it's a ground attack bird.  If anything more than a low P40 shows up, you've got issues.  There is so much more weight in armor, there is very little control authority in any direction.  The first 10 degrees is jumpy, anything more and she's bleeding E all over the place.  She doesn't climb well, doesn't turn well, and doesn't even dive well (worse than an A8).

I dunno it works for me...about 5:1 kill ratio.

Fw 190F-8    50    1    0    11
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:37:21 PM »
PB 1 (FW 190F-8) are the only dedicated anti-tank rockets (works also like any conventional HE rocket vs objects)
WGR 21 (several German planes) are the only dedicated anti-air rockets (with a timed fuze, but works also as HE vs objects)

All other are general purpose HE rockets.
arent the IL-2s RS-132s AT also? ive killed GVs easily with the RS rockets
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »
Baumer can you put the file for the gunsites on here please?
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »
Baumer can you put the file for the gunsites on here please?

Just right click and save as,

Then place in sights folder.

:salute

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 11:48:38 PM »
Nice! Thanks!   :banana:

Just right click and save as,

Then place in sights folder.

:salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »
I wish there was some kind of "damage table" to look up various damage percentages to fig out what it takes to kill tanks in planes.

There is this page from the trainers site:  http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/guns/guns.htm

It won't tell you which rockets kill tanks, but it does help when comparing the different rockets and guns.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com