Author Topic: Observations on the Panther "G".  (Read 3640 times)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: Observations on the Panther "G".
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2010, 09:34:01 AM »
Remember the top armor is thin and depending on the angle of the rounds impact at longer ranges on the top of the turret. Maybe that was what killed the turret. I find I can one shot kill the panther from the front with the M4-76 at 1000 meters or less. Any tank in the game can one shot kill it from the back or sides. Even the M-8 can kill the turret at close range with two side or rear turret hits.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2010, 06:22:46 PM »
Remember the top armor is thin and depending on the angle of the rounds impact at longer ranges on the top of the turret. Maybe that was what killed the turret. I find I can one shot kill the panther from the front with the M4-76 at 1000 meters or less. Any tank in the game can one shot kill it from the back or sides. Even the M-8 can kill the turret at close range with two side or rear turret hits.

Almost any tank is dangerous within 1000 yards, the only exception is the M4A3 75mm vs the front of the Tiger or Panther G.  The T34/76mm has an AP round that is even worse than the M4 75mm, but it has a trump card: the HVAP.  The HVAP has outstanding AP performance inside 1000 yards (for both the T34/76mm and T34/86mm).  Outside of 1000 yard it is better to use the standard AP, at the longer ranges the extra weight is what is needed.  The light weight  of the HVAP projectile does not hold the energy like the heavier AP round. 

Prior to a few updates ago, the T34x had frontal armor on the turret made of cheese, finally it was found that there was an error in the coding it was fixed.  Now, the T34x does not turret as easily and it can take a few hit before getting knocked out.  It had nothing to do with the round hitting the top of the tank.  Dont tell me I'm the only one to remember that update???   :confused:
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »
Almost any tank is dangerous within 1000 yards, the only exception is the M4A3 75mm vs the front of the Tiger or Panther G.  The T34/76mm has an AP round that is even worse than the M4 75mm, but it has a trump card: the HVAP.  The HVAP has outstanding AP performance inside 1000 yards (for both the T34/76mm and T34/86mm).  Outside of 1000 yard it is better to use the standard AP, at the longer ranges the extra weight is what is needed.  The light weight  of the HVAP projectile does not hold the energy like the heavier AP round. 

Prior to a few updates ago, the T34x had frontal armor on the turret made of cheese, finally it was found that there was an error in the coding it was fixed.  Now, the T34x does not turret as easily and it can take a few hit before getting knocked out.  It had nothing to do with the round hitting the top of the tank.  Dont tell me I'm the only one to remember that update???   :confused:

Why does everyone have to hate on my M4 75? :cry :frown:

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 03:14:18 PM »
  I can kill a panther with the M4A-3/76 with a one shot kill to the front armor will beyond a 1000 meters. You just got to know where to shot it and the sides of the Panther are not much better that the Panzer. If you go to the off line arena and shoot the Panther with ever tank in the game from ever angle you can think of, like I did. Then you too will be able to whack it from the front with the 76MM I shoot it 100s of times before I went to face it in the MA. I killed the first few I came in contact with.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »
The "range" card is always trump.  Always.  The one-eyed jack is the angle of impact that the AP round has.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »
Made a range card once!!  not sure were it went  used it once maybe twice!  5 years of driving the tanks in AH is trump,  if you don't believe me   try me sometime!
Flying since tour 71.