Author Topic: complain, excuse or accept  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: complain, excuse or accept
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »
Its interesting to me that its not acceptable to talk the way you want but it is to fly any way you want.  The premise is implied and its flawed.  If there is an acceptable way to talk is there not an acceptable way to fly?  How can you claim rules for speech and not rules for flying?  Speech is nothing more than a representational system in this case  of flying. 
So there are rules for how you represent what did happen ,but not for what did happened?  :huh

Let me reiterate:

If you say "I'm thirsty" and someone hands you a glass of water, you should either drink it, or shut up :aok

If you won't drink it, and won't shut up, the only logical conclusion is that you are not thirsty, but just like to complain.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »
Maybe you're right.  So, by all means, call people out..... get annoyed with yourself for dying.... and broadcast it to the arena.  :neener:

Nop, just call people out.  Not sure why you are adding the rest.  No one is getting annoyed but the people that got called out  :neener:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2010, 01:52:45 PM »
I'm an acceptor.

I am angry at myself for making a mistake, if I have.  I throw out alot of salutes, they are free.  I do not taunt.
Twice now in 7 months, I've said something derogatory, then felt horrible and apologized.  Now I just swear at my desktop, log out for a bit, calm down, log back in all smiles and forget it.

The guys I laugh at the most are the taunters.  They kill you and they taunt you with "you suck, that was easy..." etc.  You kill them and they throw out excuses.  They taunt you when they are running away to their buddies or the ack.  Last night was like that.  Chasing a B17 at 34k, yes thats 34 thousand feet, pinged him and broke off, i get "where you going 190 ?" , finish my turn, set him up again, ping him again, another taunt.  I get a kill on him, silence.  The sad thing is I worked hard to get up to him, was patient with set up, slashing attacks, he did a good job, I did a good job, but he tried to ruin it by just being a mouthy punk and got no salute.  I checked him on the roster, was surprised at the squad he was in as they are respected, but his actions disrespected his squad as a whole and now I think less of them.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »
"No one is perfect and growing up takes time."

Yo Bat ,  You really had me going there.  You tagged Acceptance as positive with the whole growing up thing. 

If their are no rules then they all have to be neutral , not good or bad as they dont exist as rules. 

I understand your premise now.  I dont think you can get from here to there.
How do you know when to accept the outcome with out a set of rules?
Is Acceptance not a rule?
If you have chosen what is positive  you must have a rule for it.

I do enjoy the conversation. We can't have this conversation with out complaint  (and I'm using the word with implied positive meaning)

I enjoy the deep structure conversations. I'm guessing this wont' go there. Maybe it would make a good PM at some point.

<S> <R>

I didn't quite tag acceptance as growing up, more that it is inevitable the older and less bothered one gets.

Acceptance is a rule, for yourself. Telling someone how to play the game is a rule for someone else. There is the difference.

Once again pay attention to the fact I am not telling anyone how to react. I'm highlighting the outcomes of 3 possible reactions.

Complaining is the least likely method to make a person do what you want them to do, would you agree?

Fun is a comodity, if you don't give fun you wont draw fun back out. Calling someone out without lingering on it is alot better than complaining and getting spitefull, I agree with you there. Simply stating how you thought the fight went is just a description, if you are not angry or worked up about it. If you truly believe calling people out has a possitive effect then you should do it, I don't want to stop you bro.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2010, 08:25:10 AM »
34K set of buffs, In the MA?

You realize you are worrying about the opinion of someone who has never had even a LITTLE bit of sex in their lives, right?

I'm an acceptor.

I am angry at myself for making a mistake, if I have.  I throw out alot of salutes, they are free.  I do not taunt.
Twice now in 7 months, I've said something derogatory, then felt horrible and apologized.  Now I just swear at my desktop, log out for a bit, calm down, log back in all smiles and forget it.

The guys I laugh at the most are the taunters.  They kill you and they taunt you with "you suck, that was easy..." etc.  You kill them and they throw out excuses.  They taunt you when they are running away to their buddies or the ack.  Last night was like that.  Chasing a B17 at 34k, yes thats 34 thousand feet, pinged him and broke off, i get "where you going 190 ?" , finish my turn, set him up again, ping him again, another taunt.  I get a kill on him, silence.  The sad thing is I worked hard to get up to him, was patient with set up, slashing attacks, he did a good job, I did a good job, but he tried to ruin it by just being a mouthy punk and got no salute.  I checked him on the roster, was surprised at the squad he was in as they are respected, but his actions disrespected his squad as a whole and now I think less of them.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2010, 08:32:28 AM »
I actually had someone say to me  "You Suck, all you can do is fight the horde" :O I bout fell out of my chair laughing so hard :rofl

Fight the horde, Sing and Cry, Valhalla I am commmmmminggggggggg!

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2010, 01:15:21 PM »
The only time I !S is when it was a good 1 on 1.. Unless someone salutes me then I will return it usually :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »
Fight the horde, Sing and Cry, Valhalla I am commmmmminggggggggg!

ahhhhh Led Zeppelin  love em :rock

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2010, 08:27:18 PM »
Let me reiterate:

If you say "I'm thirsty" and someone hands you a glass of water, you should either drink it, or shut up :oak

If you won't drink it, and won't shut up, the only logical conclusion is that you are not thirsty, but just like to complain.

Negative thats not whats going on here.   Im asking specifically for a glass of water. Which is available along with 40 other drinks.  someone brings me alcohol.  I say no that is not what i asked for. you say too bad all I'm going to give you is alcohol cry baby.  I'm going to say ..I go somewhere else and get a glass of water.

I'm not going to Salute you for that.

If all you had was alcohol I would say no thanks and you would get a Salute.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2010, 10:10:18 PM »
Let me see how well this works.

<Salute>  Batfink

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.