Author Topic: school  (Read 672 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: school
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »
nah,,,,by the time you're done, there will be no english.

ou could be right on that.  At least in some places like Garden City, Liberal, and Dodge City Kansas.
Yea, y
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 10:34:52 PM »
in all honesty, i hate when school starts. traffic doubles, my drive time to work almost triples, between all the kids driving to school, the parents that think it's perfectly fine to stop in the middle of the friggin road right across from the school to drop their kids off, then those same kids stepping out in front of ya when you're driving(obviously teens haven't figured out yet that 3500# of steel trumps 140# of flesh and bone), and then the dam school buses. rather than having bus stops, they stop at a single house now, 'cause mommy doesn't want her lil suzie walking to school, which is only 1/2 mile away.................

I knew a guy who would just walk out in front of traffic assuming that the cars will stop and they would of course. I would say "hey man one of these days somebody is gonna run you over" he replies "yea whatever, these people dont want a death on there hands"

So yea teenagers will intentionally walk out infront of your car, banking on the fact that you dont want to kill them. It angers me too
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 10:37:57 PM »
i don't touch the brake for em.

for a little kid.....yea......for a teenager that i know knows better, and assumes i'm gonna stop.......not happenin........they get the point every time, 'cause i haven't hit anyone.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 10:40:57 PM »
I can confirm that 100%. I went to TSTC in waco, tx and discovered another form of goggles. Everyone knows of beer goggles, but not everyone has experienced "girl famine goggles", works just like beer goggles without the fun buzz effect from alcohol. :(

Oh man tmetal i had to respond to this, i too went to TSTC in waco for the flight school about a year ago, i used to stay in village oaks apartments then lavaca hall, for get co-ed dorms or anything of that nature. lavaca hall had one half wing for the girls and you need a damn seperate security key to enter like they were damn super models or somethin, but yeah that place beyond sucked there are no girls there atleast we had the Dr.Pepper museum though :x
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:47:49 PM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »
hey bagrat, its cool to find someone who suffered through the same thing I did. I went to TSTC for the laser tech program. Speaking of the flight school there, I always got a good laugh knowing that Baylor U had a flight school too but thier students had to pay twice as much in tuition just to drive down the road to TSTC and use our planes. :airplane:

oh and...Dublin Dr. Pepper...nuf' said
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:33:34 AM by tmetal »
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 01:26:27 PM »
hey bagrat, its cool to find someone who suffered through the same thing I did. I went to TSTC for the laser tech program. Speaking of the flight school there, I always got a good laugh knowing that Baylor U had a flight school too but thier students had to pay twice as much in tuition just to drive down the road to TSTC and use our planes. :airplane:

oh and...Dublin Dr. Pepper...nuf' said

oh man me and this 1 japanese guy were the only 2 students from tstc in the class, everyone else was from baylor. No surprise that the campus would gouge people for money even the village oaks apartment pulled a fast one on me. They moved me from the apartment i was origianlly in, to a apartment that was torn all to hell by two other roomates, then when i was the first to move out of the 3 of us to lavaca hall to save some money the apartment put all the damage expenses on me and the school put a hold on me from re-registering for the next semester until I paid for all the damages (which were not my fault). I could argue till I was blue in the face an get nowhere with those people :mad
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:32:58 PM by bagrat »

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »
Ah yes, a-hole room mates.  I lived in village oaks for the first semester too. I had one room mate who would sleep under a thick blanket and 2 quilts, no big deal untill november/december. He would get up in the middle of the night and turn on the air conditioning because he was hot! No watermelon sherlock, open your window or get rid of some of those covers!  He kept that up even though me and the other 2 people living there talked to him about it, until I "modified" the contactor switch in the thermastat for the apartment. :devil  I moved the hell of campus as soon as I could. The good ol' bourdoux apartments off lake shore drive.

A little more back on topic, I got my piece of paper that indicated I had attained "higher education" status, and the job market was crap so I went to work as an industrial insulator making only $9 an hour, it wasn't untill 3 years later that the paper I had spent so much time and money on finaly helped me land a job in the field I was educated in. :(
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 03:41:27 PM »
oh man me and this 1 japanese guy were the only 2 students from tstc in the class, everyone else was from baylor. No surprise that the campus would gouge people for money even the village oaks apartment pulled a fast one on me. They moved me from the apartment i was origianlly in, to a apartment that was torn all to hell by two other roomates, then when i was the first to move out of the 3 of us to lavaca hall to save some money the apartment put all the damage expenses on me and the school put a hold on me from re-registering for the next semester until I paid for all the damages (which were not my fault). I could argue till I was blue in the face an get nowhere with those people :mad

pictures and phone calls. they can't blame it on you then.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 06:29:46 PM »
pictures and phone calls. they can't blame it on you then.

right cap, unfortunately i did not begin taking pictures of my new apartments until after this little incident. lesson learned

Tmetal nice thats how ya gotta do it, screw havin to deal with managers and narc maintenance people come in once a week to make sure there is no beer in the fridge.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 07:47:09 PM »
Oh I'm not spending nearly that much, closer to $4,000 a semester.

~$12K per semester for me

ah, let us rejoice that another squeaker season is in the books without severe injury :aok

too bad the traffic from the public schools in Columbia almost make me late for classes....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:49:32 PM by Wildcat1 »
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »
~$12K per semester for me

uhg, what the heck are you doing?

that number only refers to tuition, I don't include room and board in that number.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »
uhg, what the heck are you doing?

that number only refers to tuition, I don't include room and board in that number.

actually, i was browsing through this thread, and completely didn't realize there was a second page :lol

my number refers to rent (off-campus dorm-appartment), and living expenses such as clothing, food, etc. tuition and everything else is covered by ROTC :aok

and i forgot to factor in the $250 monthly allowance from ROTC....
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74