Author Topic: Tanks  (Read 1090 times)

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
Re: Tanks
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 08:23:19 AM »
Have had similar problems in tanks lately....good thing is that the spawn camper did too!  Guess the field modifications to my M3 worked :x

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 11:33:46 AM »
The other thing is that tanks and planes are not handled the same for landings. It's to the point it's almost no use in doing tanks. Planes can land successfully with any damage. GV's that are damaged get a CRASH even if they go back to their field. Planes either get a capture or a ditch.

No they do not. If they are on pavement, which is the same with planes, you get a land successful message. Evidently you were not on pavement.  :salute

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »
a film of a tiger on tiger shot fest at 1.9K on the AH film viewer.
that last shot is the kill shot in the left front fender, 13 rounds on the film hit and two go threw the tank although one may have gone under
I hit this tank 30 times or more at different ranges staring at 4K down to the 1.9K final shots, he also hit me 15 to 20 times, i was turned at an angle from him tho and should have been able to take some of those rounds.
 i received no damage.
most of my hits are into the driver slot and or the turret ring, one or two into the top of the turret as well as a few into the chin
 the kill shot however seems to be on a location that i never new of before,   why would the fender be the soft spot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUK65Q8RlFs
 watch in 1080 for a good clear film!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:06:10 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 02:30:16 AM »
To the OP: I had a simmilar issue with a panzer a bit ago. I hit a panzer in the side from 800yds out, and he didn't die, so I turreted him. He tries to run, so I kill his engine. I drive up to 400yds, hit him twice, and get a ricochet of the center of his side armor, go to 200yds and hit him in the side, circle around and hit him in the back at point blank range twice. Never did kill him actually, he towered out after I killed the jeep brining him supps.

I must say that asside from suspected cheats, I never have problems in tanks. Even when every other player can't kill an M4 with the M4's, I can pop them at 1500yds in 2 shots. Call it what you will, but I've always had the good fortune of getting the golden BB.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 11:51:10 PM »
a film of a tiger on tiger shot fest at 1.9K on the AH film viewer.
 watch in 1080 for a good clear film!

That was a M4 vs T34 shot fest on the first one, but see what you mean. Was it HE or AP? If you think about it, the rounds hitting close to the driver's slot could have weakened the armor to a point where the fender shot did the final damage. There are two shots which seemed to go through the tank and that is one of the things they are looking for is video proof of a round passing through a tank, recommend sending the raw film (.AHF) to HTC to have it checked out.  :salute

Offline Panzerace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 03:10:44 AM »
Dr_Death8 you are wrong.  I have attempted to land a GV on several occasions making sure I was on the concrete and got a "Ditch".  I have even been in the hanger shut down in neutral and got "Ditched".  So yes there is a bug somewhere in the game maybe just at certain fields.
“No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.” GSP

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »
Might be at certain hangers/bases then as I spend alot of time in GVs and never received a ditch on the main roads around a base or the main pads. Recommend trying to identify what fields it occurred on and record if possible.  :salute