Author Topic: Tanks  (Read 1094 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
Tanks
« on: August 04, 2010, 12:11:02 AM »
HTC you have an extreme problem with tanks. I was in a Tiger shooting head on with an M476 and several of my rounds hit and did nothing. 1 hit a tread and he leaned. Then it got worse. All my shots from then on went THROUGH the M4. Even the rounds that hit showed a flash and then dirt behind him as though it did both, hit and go through. He eventually killed my Tiger.

I've also noticed other tanks firing and watch as their rounds hit the ground behind the tank they are firing at. From my viewpoint it looks as though the rounds are either missing or going through then the tank blows up obviously getting hit.

:mad:
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Tanks
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 12:28:51 AM »
I hate to say it, but if you don't have a film, there isn't much they can do.

I should point out that I had a similar problem of my rounds going through tanks, http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,292945.msg3731564.html#msg3731564.  I never really feel like I got a great answer though.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:32:15 AM by Jayhawk »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Panzerace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:38:03 AM »
Since the last patch, it seems that their is no consistency in a tank.  I shot an M4 today with my M4 6 times from 50 yards all direct hits and he finally blew on the seventh hit.  Then I shoot at a Tiger with an M4, hit the fender and it explodes.  This has been the norm for the last few days.
“No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.” GSP

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 12:43:52 AM »
I've always found the tanks to be inconsistent, maybe that's just my excuse, but a big reason I can't play in them for long.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 12:45:42 AM »
since the patch I have had some real trouble with the tiger, three different times i have been up against another tiger, once at 2200 and twice at 1200 and we just traded rounds, the 2200 engagement we traded over 50 rounds then drove off,  at 1200 we traded 12 rounds each with no damage one time then i moved up to 800 for the kill, the other time it took 19 rounds to kill the other tiger roughly!
no film since i almost always hit don't save . I need to get out of that habit!
 gone are the days when you could set up on a hill and pop turrets from over three K   like in the old days!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 01:14:56 AM »
The only problem I have with the tiger is attracting bomb****s. In a slugging match its the tank to have. Toe to toe with another tiger its very important to NOT hit the same spot over and over. There are two points on the tiger that will kill it in one shot. The cupola and the driver/front-spur-gear-mount are one hit kill spots.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 06:18:22 AM »
two things i have to say. if you want to kill an M4 model either the 76mm standard or the 75mm standard you need to shoot the turret first if you do not have good aim. i've shot enough M4s to see the sweet spots. look for them. I have no problem killing the M4s.

second. 1,000 lbers... why do they decide when to kill a tank? even if they land right on top?

WWhiskey, i havent had this problem yet... :headscratch:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 07:14:03 AM »
i have had the same problems
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 07:54:17 AM »
The only problem I have with the tiger is attracting bomb****s. In a slugging match its the tank to have. Toe to toe with another tiger its very important to NOT hit the same spot over and over. There are two points on the tiger that will kill it in one shot. The cupola and the driver/front-spur-gear-mount are one hit kill spots.
yes i have killed other tigers before! some of the old spots are not there anymore.
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Rhah

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 09:01:47 AM »
I have had the problem of shooting through tanks. I have a whole bunch of films, and will be posting g them once i edit them down to just the bug
Kommando Nowotny

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 12:07:54 PM »
The only problem I have with the tiger is attracting chocolate kisses. In a slugging match its the tank to have. Toe to toe with another tiger its very important to NOT hit the same spot over and over. There are two points on the tiger that will kill it in one shot. The cupola and the driver/front-spur-gear-mount are one hit kill spots.

Don't forget from the side, right on the numbers on the turrent.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 07:30:32 PM »
Did it happen on a Titanic Tuesday?

:noid

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 06:22:02 AM »
Now that you mention it, I was in Tiger a couple of days ago, hit M4 from about 1900 out. I know I was getting solid hits because of location of hits/sprites. I popped him 4-5 times, he started rolling and was finally taken out by another tank.

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »
The other thing is that tanks and planes are not handled the same for landings. It's to the point it's almost no use in doing tanks. Planes can land successfully with any damage. GV's that are damaged get a CRASH even if they go back to their field. Planes either get a capture or a ditch.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 10:44:15 PM »
The other thing is that tanks and planes are not handled the same for landings. It's to the point it's almost no use in doing tanks. Planes can land successfully with any damage. GV's that are damaged get a CRASH even if they go back to their field. Planes either get a capture or a ditch.

If you are on pavement on your own base in a GV, you will get "landed" despite being damaged. And completely different from planes, you can even "land" anywhere on map, including enemy territory, if no enemy is in close proximity - for a plane it's always "ditch" or "captured".

You see, it's not that bad for GV :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman