Author Topic: AH compared to RL airplanes  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: AH compared to RL airplanes
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 06:45:11 PM »
By the way, Rvflyer, that is a nice pic as your avatar.  Is that your RV?  Which RV is it?

The RV is what I would pick if I were to have my choice of two-place planes.  So nice!

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 06:56:44 PM »
By the way, Rvflyer, that is a nice pic as your avatar.  Is that your RV?  Which RV is it?

The RV is what I would pick if I were to have my choice of two-place planes.  So nice!

Yes sir that is my RV-6, I built that in 1989 and am still flying it today. "FUN" airplane. Stressed for +-6g's ultimate 9g
I've pulled 5 for an instant and that is enough for me.:) Powered with an O-360 Lycoming and empty weight at time of first flight was 978lbs
I am sure that has gone  up over the years, definitely know that pilot weight has.:(
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
An RV would be sweet. Not sure I have the patience or skills for the build though. Also Mrs Wooley has vowed never to get in an aircraft I'm flying, never mind one I built. Strange how she'll trust the 20 year old stranger who's at the end of an 18 hour shift to fly her in a Regional, but not me.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 08:33:27 PM »
When I was about 10 or 11 my father and i went up in a Bell Sioux helicopter for a half hour or so. Flying backwards is a sensation that I'll never forget....now that is fluffied up ;)
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »
When I was about 10 or 11 my father and i went up in a Bell Sioux helicopter for a half hour or so. Flying backwards is a sensation that I'll never forget....now that is fluffied up ;)

Carefull BillyD that was your 666 post :devil
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 10:03:03 PM »
lol in all honesty I just got ridiculously sick and wretched my dinner out in a trash can on the living room floor. Now I'm here on this stupid BBS trying to drink some water and eat some oyster crackers without a repeat event.

Time to move away from post 666
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2011, 09:16:13 AM »
i know grizz is gonna jump on me for this......but we often times have wind in the ava. i've won, and i've lost fights because of it. it changes the whole dynamic of the fight.

Who?  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.