Author Topic: trackIR Kamasutra?  (Read 658 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
trackIR Kamasutra?
« on: January 11, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »
A fantastic tool in AH is the system view.    :aok

A thing that I don't like is that when I'm looking for some
help, I think to find a not complete answer in BBS.            :headscratch:

Is probably my goblish?    :rofl

Odds day I think no!    :old:

TrackIr (TIR) is an example.

For one year a used it in subsequent way.

I worked on TIR profile and I used it in AH  and many other ppl seemed to use it in this way.

Until one week ago I was using a good profile: 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,251955.0.html

that I changed a bit. Thanks to dentin.

I looked for something like that because i watched those:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd2Mtf_q-qo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5xAiFsb_xs&feature=related

Something was missing  - so that for many other ppl?

To reproduce all backs views with the aid of TIR I needed to map three buttons on my throttle
or, as alternative, I had to rotate my head in a not natural and not comfortable position.

By the use of buttons I had a limitations respect to the smooth motion on youtube film.

There the pilot seems to be able, for example, to look back, back-up, back-up-right, very fluid at any speed
without no buttons aid - but i cannot belive that he rotates his head in that way.

For me that was not possible. I had two press three buttons and move my head too.

Let me try to be a little more specific starting from this stuff: trackIR on and AH running too.

When You push the button to look back, and move your head You can able to watch only in this
directions: back; back-up; back-down, and also You can add some lateral displacement (x-axes).

In that conditions trackIR rear views possibility are limited respect the forward normal views.

I know that this was not correct but I'm too tired to spend too much time in 'researches', so I leave
my profile as it was and amen - this could be enough to shoot down a noobs like say 0ldemon  :bolt:

I cannot sleep well at night in the odds days for this under use of trackIR, damn!

But after i can sleep in the even days.

Not after I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmHVAkFbURg

From Dhyran

Yes, I cannot sleeps at night also in the even days.

So I spent some 'kamasutra' hours try to setting properly the damned thing.

This is what I obtained.

As normal, sitting in front of my monitor, by TIR I had an angle of view about 1/2  of sphere (with me as center of it) - I can achive more (say 1 sphere) but my head starts turning in a not comfortable way.

I can easily watch forward; forward-left; forward-right; forward-up; up; forwar-down; etc..

Now if I pressed a button on my joystick or on
keyboards, I will look back with an angle of view about the same as forward one!!     :airplane:

I can sleep, I can sleep!   :banana:

How did I do?     

Run trackIR and AH.

In AH I calibrated my mouse and I use it to view (press SHIFT-M) - use sensibility to select a good speed - pause
trackIR too.

I mapped a button to freeze mouse position - H on keyboards.

Exit form AH and opened trackIR (4 or 5 version) folder and run the other application that is into that folder
so that I start to be able to pointing my mouse by trackIR.

Pause trackIR - so i don't become crazy with mouse movements.

Minimize this program and run AH again.

Resume trackIR from pause and freeze the mouse position - if it needed.

Hold a back view button and I was able to have the same solid angle of view I had when my field of view is the
forward one.

Set trackIR profile so that all will work smooth and not too much fast. 

VERY HAPPY AND HOPE TO BE HELP FULL.

:salute

P.S.:

I apologize for the title of this tread but after two hours of settings ...

mobilis in mobile

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: trackIR Kamasutra?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 05:51:33 PM »
Kamasutra as I understand it, is basically enjoying "the act" to it's fullest. I think under these
circumstances, it's a rather appropriate title name.

:aok
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 08:38:04 AM »
Thanks LuLu.....great job.

My only issue that I am having from our experiments are with the rear views spinning constantly.  The buttons work correctly and the MouseIR is functioning fine.  I just seem to not be able to "tune down" the rear views so that they can effectively track something.

I will be up in a little bit if you want to try them!

TG12

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 09:30:45 AM »
Thanks I can watch youtube posts.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 06:42:57 AM »
You must check mouse sensibility (in AH controllers panel) and trackIR profile (in trackIR program) to have smooth movements. Choose just one button on Your joystick to look back is needed.
mobilis in mobile

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 08:02:12 PM »
I use trackIR. I think what you're saying is you set it up so that you can push a button to view behind you, and thus not have to rotate your neck?

I'm sorry, I had a very hard time trying to understand what you were trying to say.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 08:57:53 AM »
Yes it is correct.

Push one button, with no mause pan view option, only give the possibility to look back, back up or down.

On the contrary, with the aid that i tried to illustrate, You have the possibility to look in the others directions too - using trackIR.

With also trackIR on, for example, try to push 6 button (num pad). You will look left but until You do not relese 6 button You will not abel to use trackIR to look left up. Use mouse pan view with the TIrMouse program will give Yuo this ability - very helpful for back views.

mobilis in mobile

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 12:15:31 AM »
A particular that I forgot.

Check axis panning in TIRMouse program.

Low or too high quantity is a bad option - i set it at about 80.

mobilis in mobile