Author Topic: Japan Earthquake News  (Read 11370 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Japan Earthquake News
« Reply #510 on: April 22, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »
In other news attached to this the company that I contract for sold 4 (2x 62 meter and 2 x 70 meter reach) concrete pumps to TEPCO and they are beginning to get ready to move these behemoth pumps up to the reactor areas so they can start pumping concrete into the reactor areas for the sarcophagus' like they did at Chernobyl. By the way the same pump company that did that in Soviet Russia is the one that sold the pumps to TEPCO. The trucks are undergoing refit to have lead sheets added to the cabs now so they can be driven and operated on site. 3 of my buddies are in Tokyo right now helping to train operators and helping to refit the trucks. The two 70 meter pumps were flown from the US to Tokyo and the 2nd 62 meter is being flown from Germany to Tokyo right now.

I remember that was in the news here in LA earlier this week or just the end of last week, when they had some highway closures/impacts due to transporting the huge things through town, but I thought they got shipped out of the port, not an aircraft (otherwise why would they of had to of driven them from their origin rather than start its airborne journey closer to it).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.