Author Topic: ENY Again - Please Adjust it for Low # Times  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY Again - Please Adjust it for Low # Times
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2016, 10:00:12 PM »
Violator, yours is just another ENY whine. It's the same whine that has occurred ever since I've been here and long before. ENY is part of the strategy that everyone must learn to live with. It prevents the game from being too easy, which you should certainly understand.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2016, 12:06:48 AM »
He is normally in a G14......
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2016, 03:08:01 AM »
Sometimes I feel this is the "Missing Backbone" thread.

From what Violator said it would seem that ENY served it's purpose to the letter.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2016, 08:23:47 AM »
Sometimes I feel this is the "Missing Backbone" thread.

From what Violator said it would seem that ENY served it's purpose to the letter.

More often than not it causes people to logoff.   Great purpose. 

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:44:18 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2016, 09:35:39 AM »
Violator, yours is just another ENY whine. It's the same whine that has occurred ever since I've been here and long before. ENY is part of the strategy that everyone must learn to live with. It prevents the game from being too easy, which you should certainly understand.

Someone who plays once a year trying to call my post a wine. Meeeheheheheheheh

It's okay, I got 60 perk points for landing 7 kills in a F4F one of the sorties, I cant play for all of my teamates, who are most likely not learned in the game as I am. So when you have to fight a6m3s and F4Fs against and EQUAL OR MORE opposing team with spit16s and La7s, its entirely unfair.

Maybe when you actually know what you are talking about, you can have a logical input in the discussion.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2016, 12:00:16 PM »

More often than not it causes people to logoff.   Great purpose.
Thus balancing the arena.
There are so many option aside form logging out or crying about ENY.
There's no excuse, you're at an advantage and are being balanced, you cant spead all your life in a horde being the hammer. Sometimes karma has to make you the anvil.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »
Thus balancing the arena.

Yeah, it balances the arena all right.   Oh wait.  It doesn't.   As Shida, Violator, and I have posted (more than once) it craters the numbers, however.

THAT DOES NOT HELP ANYONE.

What is the benefit to reducing the number of players online?   There is none whatsoever.

HiTech has said that he has time limits on side switching (which is a better way to balance the numbers compared to causing people to logoff, if you ask me) in order to tame ENY spikes/swings.   Well, people logging off in frustration combined with low numbers at certain times of the day is causing ENY to bounce around like a basketball so something needs to change.

I hope AH3 will ameliorate some of this.    We shall see.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2016, 01:15:36 PM »
Too late for me now anyway. I flew mostly on the same timeslot as Lusche but unlike that lightweight I stuck it right out to the end. Today I saw 8 players in the air in the MA. The lowest ever. Possibly some playing AHIII but that's closed to me.

Last rat standing - almost.

Just had a craving to fly the Spit14 for a bit because I was watching MickyD fly it last time we winged together. I had to wait 20 minutes before I could launch. My feeling is I pay my subscriction to fly whatever's in the hangar. I'd already swapped sides in pursuit of red guys. I hardly think one stall fighting dweeb in a flying gyroscope would have effected the outcome of the war.  :banana:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2016, 01:23:01 PM »
I flew mostly on the same timeslot as Lusche but unlike that lightweight I stuck it right out to the end. Today I saw 8 players in the air in the MA. The lowest ever. Possibly some playing AHIII but that's closed to me.

Yes, the majority of us leightweigths were in III :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2016, 01:23:56 PM »

Yes, the majority of us leightweigths were in III :)

:rofl :rofl Oh you caught that  :aok

P.S. How many?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2016, 01:33:49 PM »
:rofl :rofl Oh you caught that  :aok

P.S. How many?

When I logged on it was like 15-20 at first (while about 10 in II IIRC), right now its 51 II vs 71 III
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2016, 11:48:36 PM »
My feeling is I pay my subscriction to fly whatever's in the hangar.

Shirley you don't really mean this. Many people spend months, if not years, before they're permitted to fly 262s or 163s or even Tempests. Restrictions have always been part of this game.

Oldman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2016, 12:21:54 AM »
Shirley you don't really mean this. Many people spend months, if not years, before they're permitted to fly 262s or 163s or even Tempests. Restrictions have always been part of this game.

Oldman

The principal restriction I faced towards the end of AH II was finding opponents.

My experince of ENY when the numbers started to drop was that it didn't help anyone at all. Once me and two others tried to stop the Joker's Jokers steamrolling bases. They were falling every 6-10 minutes. We upped as they tried to cap a base and eventually got pushed back to getting vulched. There were so many high ENY planes that you couldn't count them. I lost count of how many times I got shot down. The base inevitably fell and they all landed and not one got the system message of kills landed because they all got a max of one kill each. Was like the seagulls in Finding Nemo. ENY never seemed to break up an imbalancing horde or help when there was no longer enough to form a horde. Especially in combination with side switching restrictions.

Oooooh getting vulched by Joker's Jokers. Those were the days!  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-