Author Topic: ability to up a supply vehicle/plane and construct Stations and outpost  (Read 568 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: ability to up a supply vehicle/plane and construct Stations and outpost
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 08:37:45 AM »
I like the 50/50 part.

Maybe a quick animation of either the farmhouse door opening and a pitchfork coming at you or a cute honey answers the door.

pithfork = death

honey = ditch and evade.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »
:rofl

Why are we evading the pretty lady?????????????

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »
A paragraph from the book I mentioned earlier.  (backstory: P38 pilot, D.K. Willis is evading capture by the germans after being shot down over occupied Belgium trying to get a better look at the damage his strike mission caused)

Pg. 123
"Willis was still dumbfounded as he followed the directions to the trolley stop. 'How did that man know I was an American?' was all he could think. A few blocks later the ability of the Belgians to identify Willis as an evader was again demonstrated. As he walked to the trolley stop, a young woman walked up beside him, put her arm in his, and said in English, 'I'm a prostitute, but I'm not asking you for business. I have V.D. and so I only do business with the Germans. That's the way I fight the war.' With that she let go of his arm and walked away. Willis could only look after her in amazement."

Moral of the story? That cute honey may still be bad for your long term health.  :D
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 05:20:11 PM »
:rofl

I stand corrected :aok

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 07:59:24 AM »
Since we are pulling ideas out of far left field here:

I would like to see in game the ability to "knock" on the door of one of the small houses scattered around the landscape, once you have successfully bailed out of a doomed plane.  Knocking on the door would set into motion a piece of coding that would give the downed pilot a 50/50 (actual percentages can be adjustable) of either successfully evading capture and being returned to the nearest friendly tower with a "ditch" end flight; or being turned in to the enemy by the farmer and they would find themselves back in the nearest friendly tower with the standard "captured" end flight.  To be clear, I am not asking for any lengthy "evasion" process (the only requirement would be the downed pilot would have to find one of the houses, then left click on the front door), just a small carrot on the end of a stick for those who choose to bailout instead of riding their broken plane into a crater.   I know there are going to be people who will say "why waste time running around looking for a farm house, when I can just end flight take the capture and up a new plane to get back into the action." to that I say "it is just an idea that probably won't ever see implementation" and "this game offers many ways to find action or fun, this could be a new way to do that"

BTW, If anybody here wants a good book about downed allied pilots evading capture during WWII, I highly recommend: Aircraft Down! Evading Capture in WWII Europe. by Philip D. Caine (yes reading this book is what got my mind working on the idea posted here)

Good idea!
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales