Author Topic: Trinity map  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Trinity map
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 12:10:02 PM »
I think this was a splendid idea for gameplay.  CV's attacking land bases create combat. Constantly hidden CV's do not.  :)

Lusche good to see you back on the boards. There was some discussion that you went missing for a while. To my questioon, do you have any data that shows how long the maps are in rotation? I wonder if my swag was close?  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Trinity map
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 12:14:24 PM »
Trinity would be a completely different map if the border mountains were turned into border hills and this would be really easy to do in the terrain editor. There is a text file that accompanies each terrain that gives the highest altitude in the terrain. All other altitudes in the terrain are scaled from that one number. So all HTC would have to do is reduce the number in that file to say half its current value and all land would be reset to half its current alt, including the border mountains. This shouldn't need any testing either, as potential bugs like too steep slopes for GVs or mountains at the end of runways will be reduced. Also flat terrain under objects would remain flat, just half the alt of before.

+1 for this idea Grebo.  :aok

In fact after I read this post yesterday and spent a few hours playing, I think the oposite may have happened in trinity's evolution. There are roads going straight up the sides of mountains, spawns on the tops of cliffs, etc. Could it be that the hills were grown to make this odd map because someone thought it was a way to keep planes out of tank ville? Hmmm.  :salute
Who is John Galt?