Author Topic: Garage Floor  (Read 584 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Garage Floor
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2013, 04:18:45 AM »
a little late into this thread, but I'd recommend giving a thought to a different option...

If your garage would have a lift it would be pretty close to perfection there.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 04:26:36 AM »
He is not wrong :old:

+1
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 09:36:36 PM »
a little late into this thread, but I'd recommend giving a thought to a different option...

my garage floor was a few years old when I bought our house in 2003... like 26 years old. Well, I painted it, and did all of the recommended prep to the concrete like they say: thorough cleaning, acid etch, 3 coats of paint.... and it looked great. Should have, I spent a couple hundred $$ on the good paint.

Looked great..... for about 2 years, then it started to come up.

everywhere.

So I went with something that solved that problem, and has been awesome to live with:

garage floor tiles.

they're heavy duty plastic, thick (over 1/4"), and snap together. I bought enough that I had about a dozen of each color left over in case I damaged one somehow, but after 6+ years I haven't hurt one yet. MUCH more comfortable to lay on when you're working under a car, especially in winter.

I got mine from costco, but there are several companies that sell them.

I love my floor, and for the money, I don't think you can beat it.

(Image removed from quote.)

:salute

I have an industrial painting company.  Oil field/refining steel painting mostly.  I don't like to coat concrete, there are so many things that can go wrong. 

Those tiles in your post are awesome for concrete surfaces, specially a garage floor.  However, I tried to install them in a car-hauler trailer I have, and there is to much movement.  They buckle with the temperature difference.
The UNFORGIVEN