Author Topic: You can still get some good fights in the MAs  (Read 504 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
You can still get some good fights in the MAs
« on: May 25, 2013, 12:25:55 AM »
Salutes to SlipKnot and Smitty64.  Most excellent fights.  Thanks to the others who stayed out.  It's nice to see that in any MA.

AW, EW and MW planes are simply the best.  That is, the most fun to fly in combat.

- oldman

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: You can still get some good fights in the MAs
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 02:28:37 AM »
I agree that there are still good fights to be found

It's a bit of a shame that they are so rare that they can prompt a thread being made when you finally find some though ;D
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »
I agree that there are still good fights to be found

It's a bit of a shame that they are so rare that they can prompt a thread being made when you finally find some though ;D

The best ones have always been rare, if they weren't, you wouldn't have gotten addicted to the game.   ;)
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »
 :salute Oldman

That was definately an epic fight.  I didn't save the film but it seemed to rage on and felt like the time spent in that fight lasted an eternity.  I learned alot in that fight.  The one thing that I took away from that one was finding a balance between trying to get energy advantage (however slight) vs. positioning.

This was a really good tight fight with a blend of turning, positioning, energy gains and losses, and taking advantage of prime shots (very little presented).  One of the very few times I walked away with a racing heart and sweaty hands.  One of the fights that keeps you coming back for more.

I would have come back for round 2 but had to work with my squad on a base we were working on, then had to leave.  Otherwise, I could have done that all day.

Great fight, Brother!  We'll meet again.  I need to redeem myself! 

:rock
SlipKnoT
G3-MF
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 11:09:33 AM »
There's a good trick for this for those that wish to find these all-to-uncommon MA 1 v 1 fights

Per Dodger....

Fly out alone, penetrate a bases DAR while staying at the DAR edge and when you see that DAR bar light up, ask nicely, "please, one at a time...I will get to all of you"

The one that finally jumps in and kills you while your tangled up will be the person you hunt for the next tour because he is a wuss  :D
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »
There's a good trick for this for those that wish to find these all-to-uncommon MA 1 v 1 fights

Per Dodger....

Fly out alone, penetrate a bases DAR while staying at the DAR edge and when you see that DAR bar light up, ask nicely, "please, one at a time...I will get to all of you"

The one that finally jumps in and kills you while your tangled up will be the person you hunt for the next tour because he is a wuss  :D
:rofl

If you guys see me on, I'm always down for a 1v1, no matter the plane you want to fly
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle