Author Topic: Lost Asset  (Read 2563 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Lost Asset
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 11:28:06 AM »
Question sir when the rooks win the map is it because of a horde. or only when bish win?

Don't know, I haven't seen the Rooks win a map in a while  :neener:

When I was on yesterday the bish were using 30-40 guys to take V bases. I don't know what you call that, but I call it a horde. If they would have split their force and took 3 V bases at the same time I would have applauded them for their skill at the game. Instead I get to shake my head observing the lack of game play.

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 11:45:15 AM »
Maybe its not the graphics but the community that has gotten it all wrong and drives the new comers away with their ideas of how this game should be played. Maybe, just maybe, a new simultor is met with this expectation of a fresh air. Maybe it is the enchantment of the blank slate. That the players get to do their own rules of conduct within this new game community?

I find AHII just fine considering the graphics, but there are lots of other things that we can do to improve the game experience...
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »

No, I won't.

Are you going to do the glove slapping thing now?  :x

Only if rubber is involved :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2013, 12:18:53 PM »
Some of the graphics could be taken care of by players. Case in point, look at the map Fester was working on.

No pyramids there. It seem that the tools are there if there is a willingness to put in the time to do it. Unfortunately Hitech has already said if he hired someone to build maps he would have him working on a bunch of other stuff instead anyway.  :(

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2013, 12:22:32 PM »
Only if rubber is involved :old:

I'm game!  :x
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2013, 12:28:19 PM »
Here are some screenies of the MA terrain I started over a year ago, but haven't worked on for a while. The water is just there to show where water is; the last thing I would do after everything else is done is to texture the coastlines. And this is all with the standard textures - nothing custom at all.

My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2013, 01:13:33 PM »
Here are some screenies of the MA terrain I started over a year ago, but haven't worked on for a while. The water is just there to show where water is; the last thing I would do after everything else is done is to texture the coastlines. And this is all with the standard textures - nothing custom at all.

:x Now you are talking! Looks great, but it just isn't the graphics as everyone implies! There are a number of things which could be added to the game to make it look more realistic!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
I am sorry guys, but none of these screenshots look any better then what we have now.

There is still a definate lack of polygons, because that's just how the maps are limited at the moment.

If you simply doubled the amount of polygons, or quadroupled them; you would instantly notice a HUGE difference to what we have now.

Now if HTC can't do something about it, fine; we should accept that. But let us not kid ourselves over a few select screenshots that are no different from what we normally see in the arenas.

(New MA maps are always welcome of course)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2013, 03:51:44 PM »
I am not looking at trees that much to honest :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario