Author Topic: Remove Ranking  (Read 1385 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Remove Ranking
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »
fine, I am gonna start showering before I start playing, I wouldnt want to insult your nose  :mad:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »
A category such as "achievements earned in earlier arenas" would do nicely.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 11:30:27 PM »
Surely you did not make this statement with a straight face...  :confused: 

Prove that this computer games' rank/score in any way, shape, or form is at all an indication of superior ability, skill, or judgement! From my observations the CV tends to be misused, or abused, or lost, or hidden more often by those exact players you appear to claim are in some way better than the "average joe" than the other way around.

:rolleyes:

There are only a handful that are actually as good as their rank.

Oh brother, superiors ?  :lol

Well 1 apparently is better than 1250. I wasn't implying that those with lower scores (higher ranks) were better. I used the wrong terminology on that, obviously. So I'll rephrase.

Those with higher scores can take control and keep the CV from lower ranking players. However, both high and low ranks have killed the CV many times over :lol

I have no intrest in ranks whatsoever and I do think in some minor ways ranks have a negative impact on the game. However, there are a reasonable percentage of players who enjoy the ranking system and I see keeping these players in the game as far more important than eliminating the few negative aspects of rankings.

Agreed. I don't care for the rank, but for those that do.. well, that's them.   :salute

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 02:15:33 AM »
With regards to ranking they need to remove the names that are indicated as invalid in the top 25 for squad rank. On some tours they take 3-4 slots nt allowing squads with a roster on to the top 25

yep these are usually score minded players who start a squad of one then disband when they change name.  

I would also stretch it and say anyone with less than 6 players in a squad shouldn't register on that page.   6 is more of a flight than a wing or squadron.

I also believe that if you took away score / rank the game would descend into anarchy,  Most player decisions in the game are based on their own nature, by removing it people wouldn't turn aggressive furballers overnight which I assume is the underlying wish.   The cowards will still run score or no score.  If people weren't afraid of dying they would keep upping over and over in any ride.

I would like to see score tied into ENY or planes used however HTC has already presented us with EW/ MW and LW and unless he disables EW / MW planes in the LATE war arena I don't see this changing.   This was the case for about 1-2 days of the arena split until everyone complained.

I've always wondered how mid war would have developed had HTC stuck to his guns.      
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:23:02 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 08:31:02 AM »
I go with Bruv on this one

+1 more statistics

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »
I would like to see score tied into ENY or planes used however HTC has already presented us with EW/ MW and LW and unless he disables EW / MW planes in the LATE war arena I don't see this changing.
I'd live in EW and MW that's for sure. Better fights by far. That time LW broke and MW flooded with people was probably the best experience in AH I've ever had.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
I've always found it interesting that so many folks say "they could care less about rank" and yet seem to care if someone else does!  :huh

Well? What is it?  You either care about rank or you don't, and if you don't, then live it.

I believe removing the rank system would be very detrimental to the population of the game.

I think many of those who say they don't care for rank secretly hate the idea that someone (whom they believe is less capable than themselves) has their name plastered on the front page or inhabits a higher rank than themselves :aok

This i know for fact -> "even though most who frequent the list may deny it, Every single person in the top 10 of the rank system knows exactly that they are there and further more, they manage their play to be there!!

There is no way "If you don't care for rank" that you would be in the top 10 repeatedly  :aok

You can argue that the current system does not reflect reality, but you can not say it's not fair or valid!

Nothing wrong with a scoring system that rewards (if by no other means than a rank) folks for increased attention and effort to achieve it!

JUGgler
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 10:34:08 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »
Plus one for Bruv's idea!

Sorry to who ever has to figure out  all this info!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline No9Squadron

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »
I'm not for or against, but I'll point out that a 3 or 2 star player controlled a CV and sent it almost off the map yesterday for over an hour, in completely the wrong direction, probably he was afk, but the point being, rank and stars are no guarantee of anything. Snailman is the highest ranking Knight, but he has only 2 stars, so it seems some players rest on their laurels, or it is hard to be consistently good all the time.

I have more questions with the scoring system than I do with the ranking system and probably only with bomber scoring.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 09:20:15 AM »
Snailman is the highest ranking Knight, but he has only 2 stars, so it seems some players rest on their laurels, or it is hard to be consistently good all the time.

I can't exactly follow your logic. Stars and ranks are connected how? Why should I have more stars because I'm high ranked in this tour?  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 11:26:40 AM »
I'm not for or against, but I'll point out that a 3 or 2 star player controlled a CV and sent it almost off the map yesterday for over an hour, in completely the wrong direction, probably he was afk, but the point being, rank and stars are no guarantee of anything. Snailman is the highest ranking Knight, but he has only 2 stars, so it seems some players rest on their laurels, or it is hard to be consistently good all the time.

I have more questions with the scoring system than I do with the ranking system and probably only with bomber scoring.
one has nothing to do with the other!
 And yes, it is hard to maintain a really good score,, it also takes a good bit of the fun Out of The game, in my opinion,,   But I still think it should be in the game,, why? Because their Are people who play for it!
The stars are for achievements  and have nothing at all to do with score,, 
Flying since tour 71.