Author Topic: Bring Back the Base Puffy Ack  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: Bring Back the Base Puffy Ack
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2013, 03:23:56 PM »
the lack of equal sided furballs

This never enters into my thinking while playing or pondering Aces High.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2013, 03:35:28 PM »
Hey batfink I just submitted a film for the topic "Films Needed" that shows you upping at a vulched field in a situation you describe here. Maybe you'll be in one of HiTechs promo films.  :D

I remember having the puffy ack at fields. I like what you're asking but maybe ack not quite as strong as the current cv ack.

That wasn't me, that was batwing. Nice choice of plane btw :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
Il2  in f3 was better than A20 for this job and more fun

I like the Il-2 as well, and have used it that for the role, as you say (except that I like in-cockpit view over f3).  It is great fun to blast a hoing vulcher in the face with those cannons!  :D  I love the A-20, though.  Somehow, the A-20 and I are a good fit.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »
With 50 people in the arena, the center 6x6 sectors of OZkansas would be ideal for them to accomplish everything from tank commander camping matches, furballing, milk running, and getting bombers around the map to do whatever. It's the design of the space and structures in it that matters as you shrink the space. Not a lot different than insuring novelty when designing wild animal enclosures for predators.

The AvA has had over the years magical nights on very tiny maps with 6 players doing everything from furballing to trying base sneeks with GV. The small scale of distance and ability to get at each other made the action for 6 willing to keep upping in planes and GV's as fun as a larger number in the MA. Perspective about this game takes time, like over a decade playing the game non-stop watching it's cycles. Many of the complaints against reducing the scale or forcing people closer at each other is short sighted and self serving to a comfort zone perspective. Not to addressing answers for everyone. Hitech in the past has simply dropped the hammer on us and changed everything over night.

Many don't just want to get at each other and fight or we would be up to our kesters in SOB's scalping each other like rabid muppets.  (Pareto principle of 80\20) 

They want a long setup period to look for the right moment to strike and get home to tower their success. What we call dweebish behavior, sneeking around, even strategy in the MA is really wanting to survive to claim success. Change hurts that and forces many to expend the effort to adjust and find a new comfort strategy to their success. That means time outside of their comfort zone adapting, when they would rather be spending their limited playing time making themselves happy visa their well oiled happiness formulas.

Untill the economy changes and or Hitech and Co. discover the secret to advertisements that hypnotize new customers into handing over their credit card numbers. We have an issue of player density to universe scale unless this game is really about hiding from each other. Hoarding a field and vulching people has a high probability of not getting you scalped by a rabid muppet. The Pareto principle of 80\20 predicts it ain't going away any time soon no matter how many ack you place on a field. The unintended consequence is the 80% will adapt and find an even dweebier way to institute it to make themselves feel safe and land kills. Then the 20% will be back in this forum complaining about them and trying to talk Hitech into adding one more function to the game to control their behavior regardless of the unintended consequences.

The 20% always wants to control the 80% by limiting their actions visa an external force while justifying it from their superior perspective of the same universe.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »
-1 to the return of base puffy ACK please.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Frod

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2013, 08:59:25 PM »
Same here, -1 on puffy ack.