Author Topic: An Intruder last night….  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: An Intruder last night….
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »
And if a rich liberal starts complaining punch them in the balls :old:

:rofl  :aok

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »
You did the exact same thing I would do..  you introduce yourself with the M4 and tell him to get off your property..  that is strike one and two for the attitude my curious neighbor..  He already knows the deal, and I don't think he will be coming back to your greenhouse..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Arbiter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
And if a rich liberal starts complaining punch them in the balls :old:

Rich liberals have no balls.
Arbiter

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2014, 06:51:52 AM »
See this guy http://www.odmp.org/officer/19442-police-officer-richard-m-francis He was my partner. He mowed down all kinda commies on a 'nam river boat and he ended up dieing when a woman got his gun and blew his face off.

You think your in total control but your not. And you sure as hell dont impress anyone with any sense or experience. You'd be much more cynical if you did and you sure as hell wouldnt talk about it.

Finally, something from Rich I completely agree with.  Life is strange, and although you can manage risk to the absolute best of your ability - in hindsight - you can never factor out random occurrences or just "bad days".  My best friend was a scout sniper with the USMC right at the pointy end of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and had already spent time in Afghanistan prior to that.  He had dozens and dozens of engagements, been in hundreds of gunfights, and was one of the best guys I've ever operated with, and went through my instructor rating courses at SigSauer Academy with him.  A very, very tough operator.  I also worked in the same private military company with him.

He was very switched on, not the type of guy you would expect to make a mistake and put himself in a vulnerable position, but he did one day, after surviving a half dozen trips into the mid east in the most dangerous places on earth, he stepped into a bad spot and got clipped by a drunk driver while on a stop in California with the CHP, where he took work after retiring from our business.  He just went to a place he was trained not to, and that day the risk management ran out on him, and there was a moving car coming at him.  The driver was drunk, but still in his lane when he struck Brent.  Even though it was the drunk drivers fault, it was a preventable incident, and shouldn't have happened the way it did.  That's the hardest part to swallow.  The toughest and most experienced among us can and do still make mistakes, and sometimes pay for them.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/18422-officer-brent-william-clearman
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:54:26 AM by Gman »

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »
my dad has always told me to think really hard before I kill anything, once its dead there is no bringing it back.  He said the hardest thing he has ever had to do was to kill another human being, and then the first one always returns in your dreams to haunt you.  that being said, he was in Vietnam and it was kill or be killed, and still he said the first one always haunts you the most.  I am not sure what I would do if confronted with a situation, I mean if my family was indanger yeah, but otherwise itd be tough

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »
Well Homer thats why training is so important. Even if your not "in the Bizz" there are first rate training academys available for armed citizens. And many citizens, far more then a lot of my co-workers, keep up their skills after receiving this training. The entire reason for training is so's you dont have to over-think anything. You just react the way you have been trained. Why do you think so many POs never move when they are in a gunfight? Because the only shooting training they have ever had has been standing flat in shooting stalls for qualification.

Should you get in a shoot situation you may find out it isnt so much morality that wont let you loose as it is the fact you have problems EVER getting out of condition A again. That is what causes PTSD. Not having to go into action, which when it happens is actually a relief, its the fact that it happening again may only a minute away, or a radio call away, and the fact that you always have to be ready for it. As is the fact that you know deep down there may be nothing you can do to survive and that sometimes its just the luck of the draw. Compound that by months and years and before you know it you may start showing symptoms.

Thats why front combat soldiers are only combat effective for so long and why the Officers try to rotate them off the line if for even a short time.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2014, 09:23:14 PM »
Should you get in a shoot situation you may find out it isnt so much morality that wont let you loose as it is the fact you have problems EVER getting out of condition A again. That is what causes PTSD. Not having to go into action, which when it happens is actually a relief, its the fact that it happening again may only a minute away, or a radio call away, and the fact that you always have to be ready for it.

Do you have reference material for this statement?  Specifically, that this is what causes PTSD?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:28:55 PM by Gman »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »
a single incident will cause ptsd. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.