Author Topic: My first rant!!!  (Read 1086 times)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Re: My first rant!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »
Don't know why you keep those LilMak scalps lieing around Skyrock. So many people have so many of those things they're worthless. You must trip over random scalps when you go to the bathroom.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 03:36:56 PM »
Kingpin I'll definitely look you up! I'm in a squad.  The Mighty 8th.  :salute.

I have my forward hat switch set up where when I zoom I'm looking at the horizon but I'm going to mess with changing the view where as suggested I can look up and over the cowling....he'll of an idea! I've been flying the Niki so I got some fire power. Bounce was brought up and after my hideous performance last night I began playing with my scaling but my eyes grew heavy.  I'll play with that more tonight.

Thanks for all the replies!!!
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 05:12:38 PM »
Don't know why you keep those LilMak scalps lieing around Skyrock. So many people have so many of those things they're worthless. You must trip over random scalps when you go to the bathroom.
:devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 08:16:13 PM »
Or, I can't remember which Luftwaffe ace it was, but I seem to recall him saying something to the effect of "I fly so close my windscreen is filled with the enemy, then when I fire - I can't miss!"

Erich Hartmann

And for Cremator: Gunnery in my experience is learned through repetition and getting a feel for the ballistics of your armament. When working to improve your gunnery try to stick to aircraft with similar armament so that you aren't confusing yourself, basically if you are flying the N1K a lot then you should try and stick with that or some of the other cannon armed Japanese birds. I had a bad habit awhile back of switching between the 109K and birds armed with .50's, played hell with my aim :lol was over leading with the .50's and not leading enough with the 30mm everytime I switched.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:21:32 PM by Zodiac »
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »
You call this a rant? :mad:
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 08:25:28 PM »
You call this a rant? :mad:

I wouldn't even give it 1 out of 10.   very misleading title.   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »
You call this a rant
Ya I'm with Floob here, not even close to a rant.  More like, becoming self aware and determined to improve.  Let me see if I can help.

So there I was, 38,000 ft just looking for a fair fight. See an alt monkey p47 below at about 13k. I began setting up the clueless dolt. Zoom in and he releases his ords and try's to follow me up. Just as he warps I roll my nose over and there he sits like a tank driver. One k, 800, 600, 400 and I open up. As we say in Arkansas, "I didn't even cut a feather!" I extend only to waste my time with this cable puller. Over the course of the night I landed some kills but on numerous occasions I  had the perfect set up, perfect scenerio (Random Advertisement about the Perfect Scenario, Frame 1 of The Pacific War Saturday June 7th), perfect everything except my opponents who obviously have some CM or Admin friend helping them.

This rant is directed at one person and one person only, every damned one of you. I've set stuff up in offline practice and practiced and practiced. I won't give up, I won't be defeated. I'll just be glad when everything comes together and you fools fly like I want you to.

Rant over!!!

Hope that helps you prepare for your next rant.
btw, good post, hope you are having fun!

:cheers:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:26:22 PM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »
I think a good way to improve gunnery is to play some shooter games. Even fun little flash games would work. Recently I've been playing a lot of Defiance and I noticed that in that game I'm focusing on two things: Where my crosshair is and where the enemy is. I don't so much aim my gun at them as much as I line the two up (crosshair and enemy). I've been bringing that skill over to AH2 and have seen my gunnery improve slightly. When I'm going for a shot I focus on my gunsight and my opponents flightpath. I line the two up, pull the trigger, and they fly through my bullets. I don't focus on just my gunsight or just my opponents plane. I focus on both at the same time.

Try to train your eyes and brain to do that and your gunnery will vastly improve.  :aok

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 07:46:09 AM »
Ya I'm with Floob here, not even close to a rant.  More like, becoming self aware and determined to improve.  Let me see if I can help.

Hope that helps you prepare for your next rant.
btw, good post, hope you are having fun!

:cheers:

lol :rofl

Offline albs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 12:43:01 PM »
I remember playing AW3 which had server side hit detection, that was hard. You had to not only compute lead, You also had to compute a variable amount of unknown lag. At least they used bubbles. I had a fight with a pony where I empty my corsair's 50's into it and didn't score a single hit even with the client showing hits. The only sure shots in that game where ones with the enemy wings level flying straight. I have always favored .50's in this game as it allows for more firing time which allows far more spraying the target area and higher hit chance than cannons. I like to compute a firing solution and then when I fire my first burst, I see if its over or under and then adjust the plane in that direction with the guns still firing. I also limit the spraying to only a second or two. You can also do this and just pump the trigger to save ammo but most of time I tend to not think about that when I have an enemy in my sights.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »
I remember playing AW3 which had server side hit detection, that was hard. You had to not only compute lead, You also had to compute a variable amount of unknown lag. At least they used bubbles. I had a fight with a pony where I empty my corsair's 50's into it and didn't score a single hit even with the client showing hits. The only sure shots in that game where ones with the enemy wings level flying straight. I have always favored .50's in this game as it allows for more firing time which allows far more spraying the target area and higher hit chance than cannons. I like to compute a firing solution and then when I fire my first burst, I see if its over or under and then adjust the plane in that direction with the guns still firing. I also limit the spraying to only a second or two. You can also do this and just pump the trigger to save ammo but most of time I tend to not think about that when I have an enemy in my sights.
Cod yes that was in infuriating. Chasing a plane around in a luftberry looking at him in your up-forward view, watching him shoot and hearing his bullets hitting you. Players have a lot of good memories of AW so the memories of how bad it sucked as a game are glossed over.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck