Author Topic: Tracers on/off  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tracers on/off
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 09:33:27 AM »
Because it's a game.

Turning off tracers is probably the LEAST gamey thing that ever happens in this game.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
Because it's a game.

This does not explain anything.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 11:40:45 AM »
I'm happy with belt mods and all that, but I just think that because it's a game tracers should always show.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 11:57:36 AM »
I just think that because it's a game tracers should always show.

I do not see how ones follow from another, especially since switching off tracers may be important for frame rate for some people.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »
The frame rate issue shouldn't be an issue to begin with in 2014.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 12:24:01 PM »
I do not see how ones follow from another, especially since switching off tracers may be important for frame rate for some people.

Definitely is, especially when you are flying a plane with more than 3 guns.  P47 gives a .5-2 second frame freeze for shooting if not above water.

The frame rate issue shouldn't be an issue to begin with in 2014.

Not for most, but to assume that everyone can just up and get a 'decent' computer, isn't practical.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 12:55:00 PM »
Depending on the bells and whistles you have turned on in advanced graphics, offline sitting on the runway in a P51D. Hold down on the trigger firing all guns with 10x ammo. You can watch your FPS drop by up to 30.

The current damage model uses a counter so we have hybrid ammo. Maybe with the change in graphics, the damage model will be changed, and specific result ammo will be possible.

I'm holding out for the possibility convergence and harmonization will be updated.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 02:25:14 PM »
+1. Better yet, if possible, keymap it or make it a dot command.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 02:37:34 PM »
+1. Better yet, if possible, keymap it or make it a dot command.

Keymapping it would make not much sense, as with any other option that is/would be only adjustable in the tower/hangar, never inflight.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »
Keymapping it would make not much sense, as with any other option that is/would be only adjustable in the tower/hangar, never inflight.

I remember when I started playing aw and there were this 2 keys that would tell me about how far or close a piper airplane was.  I never did find it.  until somebody explained the meaning to me

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »
At least make it so that if I turn tracers off on my buffs my drones have them off as well.   

I want those little gnats behind me to hear it hit, not see it coming.