Author Topic: Jugs  (Read 1344 times)

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
Re: Jugs
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 05:35:03 AM »
Haha!  :lol

Thanks for the responses fellas! My in game ID is Kassill. I'll try and get with some of you at some point. Spent the last two days flying with some 56th sticks so I'm making some progress.  :joystick:

Well then you're on the right track.. and that means I don't have to type as much ..  :D

:salute

Wrngway

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 05:58:14 AM »

P47 = 8 guns, no bombs, no questions.

I do a fair amount of bombing.  The P-38 is no doubt a super air base and vehicle base"Attack" plane if you minimize the number of passes.  Two passes in the P-38 is about it without losing an engine is average.  The P-47 on the other hand, can take three passes on average.  The numbers are rounded off and in that rule of the thumb range.  If I were to be a bit more accurate I would say the P-38 passes without damage would be 1.5 and the P-47 2.

Two P-47s can take down three hangers, ords bunkers and radar on a small field with the addition of the belly 500 pounder.  

The P-38 of the two is the better gv attack plane in my opinion because you can do a high clover leaf fully loaded so easy.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 09:35:33 AM »
I do a fair amount of bombing.  The P-38 is no doubt a super air base and vehicle base"Attack" plane if you minimize the number of passes.  Two passes in the P-38 is about it without losing an engine is average.  The P-47 on the other hand, can take three passes on average.  The numbers are rounded off and in that rule of the thumb range.  If I were to be a bit more accurate I would say the P-38 passes without damage would be 1.5 and the P-47 2.

Two P-47s can take down three hangers, ords bunkers and radar on a small field with the addition of the belly 500 pounder.  

The P-38 of the two is the better gv attack plane in my opinion because you can do a high clover leaf fully loaded so easy.
two 47s can gun down a hanger or two after they've droped ord in most cases!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »
What is your in-game name?
Next time I see you on I can let you ride me with me so I can show you a couple of techniques with the P47 I've learned over the years that they don't teach ya in school. It really depends on if you want to use it for dive bombing or primarily just for dog fighting.

Riding in my plane will be a much better help than trying to be explain it.

I would love to take you up on this :rock
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 10:35:11 AM »
I would love to take you up on this :rock

Weee don't normally pick up hitch hikers, butttt i'm feeling pretty good about this one.

Saddle up partner!

-Loyd Christmas
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion