Author Topic: No Magic Ack Repair After Field Capture  (Read 1572 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: No Magic Ack Repair After Field Capture
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 09:15:07 AM »

Raises hand............ummmmmm...... .......I do!
I tried to CAP HQ once.

Woke up two hours later in a pool of drool and the keyboard imprinted on my face.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 09:19:46 AM »
Nothing like spawning in and your own ack killing you before you even get off the ground.  Not a huge issue but it does suck.

The other day, I made a futile attempt to kill one of the vulchers hovering over the field.  At that moment the base was taken, so he chopped throttle to hide in the ack that was all destroyed a second before.  :bhead

Maybe make town ack pop, but destroyed field ack stays down for the normal rebuild time.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 10:54:51 AM »
I love to hang a few thousand feet over a base and watch them land all happy.  then I come in hot with rockets when they think they are home safe.

I have a weird sense of humor.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 03:20:59 PM »
I did. What's that got to do with my initial post re: magic ack repair?

If Hitech keeps that base object as the Large Airfield\Large Town on all maps. Large Airfields will either become the most avoided places on the map, or the place where all action goes to grind everyone up all night long.

Every town building inside of the river is destroyable and LVT can navigate the river. There are manned guns in town along with key high points enemy tanks or friendly tanks can use to command the bridge approach to the map room and attack the airfield. The map room is on the far side of the town from the airfield accessible by LVT navigating the river or GV crossing a bridge. The airfeild is semi protected by the river from GV assault. Otherwise you have to commit C47 to an ack storm or drive an M3 across the giant town playing peekaboo with tanks and aircraft upping straight off the runway into town. A good use for 5 Lanc or B29 boxes using auto wingman with 1000lb bombs.

The Large Airfield and town looks to be patterned after one of the WW2 AAF fields in England. The Medium and Small resemble other WW2 airfields.

Why try to change AH2 while Hitech has already moved on to AH3 full time? AH2 works, and we know it's peccadillos well enough to ignore them at this late point in it's life cycle. Auto ack rebuild upon capture seems like a losers consequence for not putting up a strong enough defense. You loose everything as a consequence. And a winners rewarding respite for expending the effort to capture the field. No matter how you accomplished the capture......

This POST wasn't the result of you loosing a boat load of kills and perks by being on the wrong end of a field capture recently, was it??
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zeta

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 04:11:21 PM »
perhaps this suggestion...which I kind of dig...could be implemented only on ports.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 11:02:02 PM »
This POST wasn't the result of you loosing a boat load of kills and perks by being on the wrong end of a field capture recently, was it??

Nah. You gotta go find another ankle to hump. My point was that it's merely that the "magic" rejuvenation of all
field and town ack is both ridiculous and just generates a fresh field of ack-hugging "defenders".
You take it however you like. :)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 11:12:04 PM »
well isn't the whole game just magic?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 11:13:15 PM »
Then the town must pop up otherwise the previous defenders will be hiding with m3 and start releasing troops the moment the base was captured.

I remember when I was a kid, playing tag.   There were a few of us that were the masters of the "tag back".  When someone tagged me, I could often tag him right back before he could get out of range.  You would have two guys circling each other.  tag-tag  tag-tag  tag-tag

So if there were four or more people playing we had the "no tag backs" rule.  If you got tagged, you had to go tag someone else.

When the ack respawns after a base capture, that is the equivalent of the no tag back rule.  If you want to recapture the base, you have to kill the ack first.  This prevents an immediate recapture by a hidden M3.  But you can recapture if you take a couple of minutes to de-ack the field.  Unless the defenders re-supply it.

All in all, I think this is the best balance between immediate recapture, and having to work to defend the newly captured base.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 11:45:23 PM »
Ack/field guns should just play out their time from when it was destroyed until the regular rebuild time.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 12:58:11 PM »
Well you could have a short delay before the base ack started blasting, let people get off the runway, but I would bet most people don't tumble to the fact they've lost a base till their own ack turns on them anyway.
Pies not kicks.

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 01:46:42 PM »
How about if one auto gun comes online every 20 to 30 seconds. At both the base and town
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 06:41:08 PM »

Raises hand............ummmmmm...... .......I do!
Well, you're weird  :bolt:

(wuv ya man)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »
Thats the problem and mind set right now, nobody plans for anything at the base you just took unless its "everyone rearm and up again!". Part of the plan for TAKING the base should also encompass HOLDING the base.

So instead of just getting the capture at the last second with the last M3, you have to have whirbs inbound for ground to air cover, a panzer or two covering the town, and a few fighters to cover the field. Make them defend and hold it 20 minutes, or until 3-4 sets of supplies from another base resupply the guns.

Supplies would be based off of the side that now owns the base.  So if their ack factory is hit, it would require more supply to bring ack up.  This could mean more people hitting/defending factories and what-not.

I like this so far. :)  But if their factory is 100%, the that is what, 2 supplies???  :headscratch:  I'm not sure, truth be told.  Either way, I would say go with the supply option instead of the timed option.  It means more combat in the grand scheme of things, hopefully.

Base ack should be the same.  Unless resupplied, it will come back up on it's own, which could be soon or a really long time.  The only exception would be the manned guns.  Those should respawn instantly like they do now at base take.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 09:40:43 AM »
Those should respawn instantly like they do now at base take.
They do?   I am pretty sure manned guns are on a timer and don't come back regardless of who owns the base when....
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 09:30:28 PM »
They do?   I am pretty sure manned guns are on a timer and don't come back regardless of who owns the base when....

You might be right. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.