Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 7179 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2015, 10:41:54 PM »
Whats their definition of unauthorized hardware. Like a usb controlled pie oven? Zack is hosed, no more pies created by a click of the mouse
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2015, 11:13:59 PM »
Whats their definition of unauthorized hardware. Like a usb controlled pie oven? Zack is hosed, no more pies created by a click of the mouse

Damn, I was going to get that USB Foreman Grill.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2015, 02:56:07 AM »
Windows 10 can disable pirated games and "unauthorized hardware"

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/407894,microsoft-can-disable-your-pirated-games-and-illegal-hardware.aspx

They're just covering their corporate arse to prevent litigation. They've had crap like that in the eula since Vista and they never did anything about it. If you use illegal software on their OS they can potentially be sued. And it doesn't include Windows 10 itself, only the service agreement. I.e. where Microsoft can be construed as an accomplice. The linked agreement (and hence the scary clause 7b) has got nothing to do with Windows 10. It lists the products it relates to at the end. Stuff like Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive. Notice the lack of Windows 10, Windows Phone, Windows Update. The article is poorly researched clickbait. Relax, your pron collection is safe... For now.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2015, 06:49:50 AM »
Apple and Google are offering their OS' for free, and that's the only reason MS is moving (ever so slowly) towards a free OS business model. A subscription fee would kill them.

That is pure speculation.  Microsoft has said they are moving the operating system to a "service" business.  They have not stated what that means, yet.  A subscription fee is not out of the question, nor are fees for updates, but if they go that route, expect the core operating system source code to be released at around the same time.

The public reasons they gave for offering Windows 10 free has to do with getting more people to develop applications for the operating system and it is the first operating system they will be able to run across all platforms from PC/table to XBox to phone.  They want that operating system to be the only operating system they have to support.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2015, 07:44:53 AM »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2015, 07:48:01 AM »
That is pure speculation.

Absolutely.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2015, 08:01:59 AM »
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2015, 07:28:08 PM »
Do not do an express install. If you do then you lose control of security. Wifi-Sense will default on. That allows everyone on your contacts, Skype, and facebook to connect to your wifi if they are within range. They will have your PW already encrypted on their machine.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2015, 08:35:49 PM »
Make AH work on Linux so I can finally ditch windows!

think it's the other way around.  make linux work on ah.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2015, 09:05:16 PM »
You can already make AH work on Linux, what bozon meant is port it over to run "natively" in whatever flavor of unix you want (rather than having to use wine and other updates to enable it to run).
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.